till forever falls apart

i'm sorry in advance :( tw: death, suicide .

the tears stream down her face as she holds the pen, her hand shaking as she scribbles her loopy handwriting onto the page ripped out from her notebook.

she didn't think that it would go this way. she never thought she'd be one of those kids. a statistic. but she just couldn't do it anymore.

having to be perfect is exhausting. her moms wanted her to excel in everything she did and she knows they meant well but, they also couldn't see that she was falling apart.

the only good thing she had in life was him.

Ricky.

her heart breaks even more as she thinks about the boy that holds her heart. she wishes that he was enough to keep her here, she really does. there's nothing she wouldn't give to stay here with him. but, she can't.

it wasn't that he didn't love her or she didn't love him or anything, she'd never loved anyone more than him in her lifetime, she never would again either. it's just that she's broken inside, no matter how much love he can give her, she won't get better.

she lets out a sob as she writes the next portion of her letter, her tears staining the page.

a part of her wonders who will be the one to find her. her moms? Ricky? Lola? she pushes that thought from her mind as she continues to write, knowing that if she thinks too much about it, she'll chicken out and not do it. she has to. it's been too long.

she's planned for this for a while. how she would do it. she's researched and read lots of stories on what to do. she doesn't want to chance them finding her and trying to save her, she wants to be gone by the time they get to her.

Carol and Dana were on a day trip to Provo and wouldn't be back until late tonight, and Ricky was out with Red all day. she had made excuses for her friends, telling them she had plans with Lola. she doesn't want anybody to suspect anything. why would they? they all thought she was a happy, perfect girl.

she wipes her cheeks, scribbling her name at the bottom of the page. something crosses her mind at the last second and she reaches for her phone, pressing on the top contact.

it rings for a while, sending her to voicemail. she's glad though, cause she knows if she hears his voice she won't be able to go through with it, instead, wanting to leave him with her voice one last time.

"hey..."

***

by the time Ricky gets home that night it's past midnight, he and Red had been playing video games all afternoon and evening, his phone dying.

when he gets inside, Mike is sitting on the couch, his head in his hands.

"dad?"

the man looks up at the boy, tears in his eyes, unable to form words.

"what's going on? are you okay? is mom okay?" Ricky asks, dropping his skateboard and helmet to the floor.

"bud..." he lets out a slight sob, worrying his son even more.

"dad, you're scaring me."

Mike shakes his head, tears falling down his cheeks, "i'm sorry son..."

***

he's never ran so fast in his life.

the tears fall down his face as he runs down the streets of their neighborhood, sprinting to the other side where the most important girl in his life lived.