honeymoon ave

a/n: another m rated one folks! went into a little more detail than normal in a few spots so read at your own risk! :)

Nini couldn't believe. just a few hours ago, she officially became Mrs Nina Bowen. after all their time together, they finally tied the knot.

she was sitting at the head table, laughing as she watched her husband make a fool of himself out on the dance floor with their friends. Kourtney, her maid of honor came and sat next to her.

her friend reached for Nini's hand, "so, Mrs Bowen, what's the plan for tonight?" she asked, eyebrows raised.

Nini blushed and waved off her friend, "that is a secret between me and my husband."

she could get used to saying that. they were the first to get married out of their friend group. at only 24, they decided to seal the deal. everything was beautiful. they'd gotten married in a beautiful garden in Salt Lake, their reception was being held at the lodge where they got married, Nini had a gorgeous ivory lace dress with an open back, Ricky looked absolutely handsome in his navy blue suit, and Nini now had a diamond band to match her round diamond gold engagement ring.

Kourtney laughed and got up to go dance. Nini took another sip from her wine glass before Ricky came and sat next to her, stealing the glass to take a sip.

Nini chuckled, "get tired baby?" she asked as her hand found its way to the back of his neck, her fingers lightly rubbing the skin at the base of his hairline.

Ricky's hand clasped down on her thigh, his thumb rubbing against the tulle material of her dress, "i can't wait to leave tonight."

the couple was flying to their Hawaii honeymoon as soon as the reception was over. their bags and a change of clothes were waiting in the bridal suite of the lodge. they just had to make it through another 45 minutes before they could go.

Nini decided to tease him a little, leaning in to whisper in his ear, "i can't wait for you to see what i bought for you. i think you'll really like it."

Ricky didn't have time to respond because We're All In This Together from HSM came on and Nini pulled him to the dance floor. everybody was jumping and dancing and singing along to the song. most of the guests had left and now it was just the couples parents and their theatre friends that remained.

they drank and danced to the few final songs before it was finally the end of the reception. the couple moved to the bridal suite to change. Ricky re-emerged dressed in black joggers and a sweatshirt, Nini appearing a moment later in leggings and an old East High shirt that belonged to her husband. they wheeled their suitcases to the front of the lodge and packed them into the town car that was waiting to take them to the airport, passing off their wedding clothes to their parents to take home. they said goodbye to their remaining guests and got in the car, excited to finally get alone time.

the flight to Hawaii wasn't bad. it was past midnight when they boarded their flight so the ride was quite peaceful, most people sleeping. the couple had splurged and got first class seats for the trip. Nini had the little overhead light on as she read her novel, Ricky watching some movie on the screen in front of him. they were about 4 hours into their 6 hour flight when Ricky popped out his earbuds and turned to look at his new wife.

Nini dog-eared her page and turned to face him, smiling, "hi."

Ricky grabbed her hand, his thumb toying with the stone on her engagement ring on her hand, "hi."

Nini leaned over to peck his lips quickly, Ricky kissing her back, "i love you Mr Bowen."

"and i love you Mrs Bowen."