feel like home (3)

it had been six weeks since Ricky dropped his recording contract and moved back to SLC. it had been six weeks since he and Nini began to piece their relationship back together.

he found a house that he loved in the next neighborhood over from Nini. he had yet to be introduced to Audrey as her father, they decided to ease her into it.

Ricky groaned at the morning sunlight that streamed through his curtains, he rolled over in the bed taking the girl next to him into his arms.

her eyes fluttered open as she felt his arms wrap around her, "good morning."

he smiled as he pressed a kiss to her hair, "morning."

she stretched in his arms, noticing the sunlight streaming through the window. she rolled over to check the time on her phone, realizing what time it was. she rolled back towards him, placing her hands on his chest, "i need to go. Audrey's going to be up soon and she'll wonder where i am."

Ricky sighed. ever since he came home, Nini and he had been a little complicated. while they decided not to rush into anything with Audrey, they were still seeing a lot of each other. Nini often put Audrey to bed and then came over to spend the night with Ricky.

he watched as she got up and collected her clothes from the floor. he stared at her as she redressed herself, she was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen. he propped himself up on his elbow to look at her more clearly.

Nini caught him staring, she blushed a bright red, "what?"

he smirked lightly at her, "nothing. you're just beautiful."

Nini chuckled as she went to kiss him again, "i love you. i'll call you later?" she asked as she went to leave the bedroom.

Ricky hummed in response as he watched her leave. before, he would've been terrified watching her walk away but now, he knew that at the end of the day she belonged to him.

~~

Nini returned home to find that Audrey and her moms were sitting in the kitchen. they were never normally up before she got back home.

"mommy! you're here! i missed you!" little Audrey perked up as she saw Nini walk into the kitchen.

Nini pressed a kiss to the little girls head, "mommy had to go somewhere this morning but i'm here now."

Carol and Dana looked at their daughter with their eyebrows raised. they knew that she'd been sneaking out to spend nights with Ricky, it was like high school all over again.

Nini sent Audrey upstairs to play as she got herself her morning coffee. she was exhausted, she didn't exactly sleep last night. Carol and Dana eyed her as she brought the mug up to her lips, "what?"

Carol laughed ironically as Dana looked back down at her paper, "nothing honey. i just hope the two of you are being safe."

Nini turned bright red as she looked at Carol, "i have no idea what you're talking about mama C."

Carol turned to her daughter with a look on her face, "Nini, we're not stupid. we know you've been sneaking out at night to go be with Ricky. you don't have to hide it, you're an adult who can do whatever she wants. plus, you're not very quiet when you sneak out of the house."

Nini sighed, she'd been busted. she moved to sit at the table with her moms, looking down at her hands as she played with her fingers, "we just didn't want to rush into things. it's so right being with him, it feels like i'm finally home, finally at peace."

Dana took this time to interject, "Audrey still doesn't know though."

Nini modded, "yeah, we're still trying to figure that one out. i mean she knows who he is but she just knows him as Ricky, mommy's friend, not Ricky, her dad. it's complicated. she's spent the last three years without a father and now that he's back i don't know how to go about introducing him like that."