blended

Nini Salazar-Roberts never expected to find love again after her horrible divorce. she was proven wrong when she happened to meet Ricky Bowen.

she was out at her favorite bar, her 10 year old at his fathers house for the weekend, meaning Nini got to spend the night out. she was sipping her 4th drink, minding her own business when a curly haired man dropped onto the stool down the bar from her.

he sighed heavily, "hi, can you just give me whatever is strongest. start a tab too please. thank you."

Nini turned her head to look at him, "tough day?"

the man snorted, "you can say that again."

he stared down into his glass when the bartender handed it to him. Nini noticed the sad look on his face, deciding he could use some company.

"mind if i join you?" Nini asked, pointing at the stool next to him.

"uh, yeah. sure. go for it."

Nini smiled slightly and picked up her purse and coat, sliding her drink down the bar and settling into the stool next to the man.

"i'm Nini, by the way." she said as she held her hand out for the man to shake it.

"Ricky. nice to meet you." he said as he shook her hand.

the two quickly fell into conversation, talking about everything and anything. Nini learned that Ricky was also a teacher, just like her. he'd recently moved back home to Salt Lake, taking a job at the high school as a music teacher. Nini informed him that she was also a teacher, teaching kindergarten at the local elementary school.

they spent a few hours chatting, drinking, and laughing. when Nini deemed that it was getting late she settled her bill and started to pack up.

Ricky stopped her, "hey Nini, um, would you mind if we exchanged numbers? i'm sorry if that's weird, we don't have to. i've just had a wonderful night with you, i'd like to see you again."

Nini smiled at his stuttering, she thought it was cute, "i'd love that Ricky. give me your phone."

Ricky held out his phone as Nini took it, entering her number before handing hers to him for the man to do the same. when they handed their phones back to each other, Nini didn't know what to do next.

"well, i look forward to seeing you again Ricky. have a good night." she said as she went in to hug him.

she resisted the smile that came to her face as she hugged the man in front of her. she hadn't felt this way in a long time.

~~

Ricky smiled as he came in the front door of his house, he could see his daughter running around in the backyard with his father through the window in the kitchen.

the divorce was hard on his daughter. at only 8, she didn't really understand why her parents were separating. he had never thought he'd get divorced, promising himself that he wouldn't end up like his parents.

he chuckled as his daughter laughed when Mike picked her up, swinging her around. he reached to pull his phone out of his pocket when he felt it buzz.

i missed you today. ~N

he smiled at the message. things had been going really well with Nini. they'd gone out a few times since they'd met at the bar two months ago. he was having the best time with her. they'd gone to dinner and a couple movies, they even made out in her car one night. he was having fun. as he looked at his daughter though, he knew that whatever their relationship was couldn't just be for fun, it had to be something serious. he couldn't break his daughters heart again, or his.