(143): First Friend

Bullied Reader x Fred as requested.
(Unedited).

You're a student at SFIT. Everyone seems to be happy here, except for you. You're a good student, but you're not treated good. You're always alone; almost everyone in school picks on you. There's a group of three or four that are the all-time bullies. The others just ignore you. You're not a part of the groups. You're an outcast.

You walk down the hallway, head down, books against your chest. You watch your feet to be sure no one tries to trip you. Instead, a hand rams into your shoulder, making you fall into the lockers. You drop your books and brace yourself against the locker.

"Whoops! Didn't see you there, (last_name)." A guy laughs with his friends. You watch them walk alway and gather your papers. The bell rings.

A guy walks out of the gym, humming something. You're still piling your things. "Whoa- hey. Need some help there?" You look up and see a guy in the mascot suit.

"Oh. No, I've got it. Thanks-" The guy kneels down beside you. "Anyways."

He smiles and stacks your books for you. "Here you go."

"Thanks," You say. You smile at the sight of his bright blue eyes.

"No problem at all. You okay?"

You nod. "I'm okay. Um- bye." You duck your head and walk around him, rushing to your class.

~

After school, you gather your things. You walk out of the class, paying attention to putting your bag over your shoulder, and not paying attention to your feet. You're tripped.

Everyone in the hall laughs. Some take pictures. You're laying in the middle of the hallway, your face burning, your knees aching. You scramble to your feet. Seriously everyone is around you. Even that mascot kid. You can't see his face, but you're sure he's laughing. People are calling you names, making tears spring into your eyes. You run, pushing people away.

"Wait!" That mascot kid reaches for you. You don't listen.

You end up in the school bathroom. For twenty minutes, you cry in a bathroom stall until the halls are quiet. Then you grab your bag, wipe your eyes, and walk out.

"Hey," A voice says at the end of the hallway.

You jump. That mascot walks over to you, but this time he's just in normal clothes. "Oh. Hey."

"Are you okay?" He asks.

You shrug.

"I saw what happened."

"I know. Funny, right?" You roll your eyes.

"No."

"No?" You ask in disbelief.

"I don't think those guys are funny. You were hurt. People getting hurt for no reason isn't funny."

"Huh," You mumble. "Well, you're the first to not laugh, then. Um- what's your name?"

"Fred," He answers. "School mascot by day, school mascot by night."

You smile. "My name's ___."

"Wonderful to meet you. Do you need a ride home? My butler is coming to get me."

"Your butler?"

"Mmhm. Want a ride or not?"

"S-Sure," You answer.

In the limo, you scroll through (favorite_website). "Great," You mutter.

"What is it?" Fred asks.

"I'm everywhere," You say. Videos, pictures, comments, statuses-- everywhere. People say horrible things and laugh.

"That's awful," Fred whispers.

You shrug. "No big deal. I don't have a reputation to be ruined, anyways. Everyone hates me."

"I don't hate you."

You look up at Fred and smile a little. "Thanks."

"Here you are, Ms. (Last_name)," Heathecliffe says from the front seat.

"Oh." Heathecliffe opens the door for you. "Thank you for driving me home. And, Fred-- thanks for everything."

"No problem, ___. Here." He hands you a piece of paper. Seven digits are written in messy handwriting. "Text me, call me, whatever."

"Okay," You say with a smile. "Bye."

"Bye!" Fred waves out the window as his limo pulls out of the driveway.