(163): Not Good Enough

Sibling Hiro x Reader x Tadashi that I thought of randomly. Thought that we needed a short break on snow and babies.  ^-^
(Unedited).

It's not fair. You watch your brothers as they work on their college homework. They're so brilliant. Why didn't you inherit the same brains? Hiro is only fourteen and is smarter than you'll ever be! What are your useful talents?

You frown and turn your attention back to the TV. Tadashi and Hiro discuss something about robotics at the kitchen table. It's like they're speaking another language or something. You turn the volume up on the TV.

"Um, ___?" Tadashi calls.

"Yeah?"

"Could you turn that down?"

"Sure," You mumble.

"Thank you!" He says.

"Whatever," You mumble. You lay down on the couch and close you eyes.

The front door opens. "Hey, kiddos!" Aunt Cass calls. She carries in an armful of brown paper bags. "Doing homework, boys?"

"Yeah," They both say at the same time.

"Fun fun," Cass says breathlessly. "___, sweetie, get up and help me with the groceries."

You stand up and trudge to the kitchen. You put the cans away in the cabinet.

Cass looks over Tadashi's shoulder as he works. "What class is this for, sweetie?"

"Calculus," He replies.

"Man, I could never do anything like that. You two are so brilliant. I'm so proud of you, boys." She hugs Tadashi and messes with Hiro's hair. The boys smile and shake their heads. You sigh. "Something wrong, ___?"

"No," You say.

"Are you sure? You have hardly said anything at all."

You shrug.

Aunt Cass touches your forehead. "Are you feeling sick?"

You jerk back. "No," You snap. "I'm fine." Everyone stares at you in shock and concern as you run to the bedroom you share with your brothers.

You lay on your bed, curled up and staring at the wall. A few minutes pass before anyone comes in.

Tadashi walks in first. "Alright, ___. What made you get all crazy with Aunt Cass?"

You shrug.

"___," Tadashi sighs. He sits down on the bed. "Is something going on? I'm here to help you."

You sigh and sit up. "Well, I just- sometimes I-"

"Hey," Hiro says from the doorway. "You okay?" He joins Tadashi, sitting beside him on your bed.

You nod.

"Go on," Tadashi says patiently.

"Sometimes I-I feel that I just don't belong here."

"What do you mean?" Hiro asks.

"Well, both of you are super smart inventors. You're taking college classes, Hiro, and you're fourteen. I can't do anything. I just don't think that I'm good enough for this family."

"___," Tadashi says. "You are perfect for this family. You may not be a super brilliant inventor, but you are smart. And kind."

"And," Hiro interrupts. "A seriously awesome sister."

Tadashi laughs. "Yeah. That, too. Don't ever feel like you're different, ___." He pats your shoulder. "We love you."

You smile and blink away tears. "Thanks, guys. You're the best."

Hiro and Tadashi both hug you. "We know," They say at the same time. You grin and hug your brothers tightly.