(108): Control

Fred x Element Controlling Reader as requested. I tried to not make this like Frozen because, like, Frozen is a nope.
I have serious writer's block and it's in the middle of the night here; so I'm exhausted. This could be just awful. I apologize if it is.
Just pick whatever element you wish to control. c:
Enjoy.
(Unedited).

You try to act as if you're just a normal kid. Well, as normal as a (age) year old girl who's a superhero can act. You loved your job, fighting crime and villains every night. The fact that your six best friends fought by your side made it even better. Fred, the totally crazy and adorable nerd that's on the team, happens to be your crush. You don't know if he likes you back. He flirts with you, but you're just oblivious to it.

You never counted on ending up in a relationship with him, because you didn't want to hurt him with your power. You controlled (element). You kept your power a secret; your own 'superpower' that you used around the team was made by Hiro. Rocket boots. That's all they thought you had.

Really, you controlled (element). As cool as that sounds, it's obviously dangerous. You knew that if you didn't hide it, someone could get hurt.

"___!" You turn around and see Fred running into your lab. He's wearing his school mascot costume. As soon as he runs in, he tosses his San Fransokyo Tech sign on the shelf you built for him. "Wanna go to the movies or something?"

"I'd love to," You answer with a smile. "But I've gotta study for tests."

Fred frowns. "That's no fun."

"I know. You can go, Freddie. I know that I'm going to bore that crap out of you."

Fred walks to the desk you're sitting at and pulls an extra wooden chair up to it. "No way I'm letting you suffer alone." He pulls one of your textbooks towards him. "Okay. Let's get started."

~

Hours later, you and Fred decide to head home. He insists on walking with you. It's just before midnight. Halfway to your house, he reaches for your hand. His fingers just graze yours. Your heart skips a beat and you slip on your control. You jerk your hand away quickly. Your face burns with embarrassment.

"S-Sorry. . ." Fred mutters quietly.

You swallow. "I'm sorry."

"I didn't kn-"

That's when the group of men dressed in dark clothing jump out of the shadows and dive towards the two of you. They demand money from Fred; holding him against the stone wall of a small family owned restaurant.

"I-I swear, I don't have money!" Fred gasps. The men turn to you. They shove you against the wall.

"What about you, then?" They grab the bag off of your shoulder. You tighten your grip around the strap.

"Stop!" Fred says. One of them grab your wrists, squeezing them hard to loosen your grip. You cry out in pain. "You're hurting her! Leave her alone!" He steps forward, pure worry and fear on his face. One of the men turn to face him. Your eyes widen as he pulls his fist back and hits Fred right in the jaw. Fred staggers back; his hand rubs his jaw as he holds himself up against the wall. He slides down the wall and sits.

"Just finish him off, then!" One of the men snarl.

Your heart drops as the man who punched Fred pulls out a gun. "No!" You scream. You flick your wrists, hitting the gun out of the man's hands with your (element) power. He jumps back.

"What the-"

"Get away from him!" You shout between clenched teeth. Fred watches as you shove the other men away and jump in front of Fred. "If you don't leave now then I'll kill each one of you."

The men stay in their places. You smirk and throw your hands out, palms facing them. Your (element) strikes the pavement at their feet. They scream in terror and sprint away.

"Whoa," Fred whispers.

You turn to face him. He stares up at you in amazement. "Hey, you okay?" You kneel down in front of him.

"Whoa," He repeats. He smiles.

You smile back. Fred reaches for your hands. You pull them back. "Freddie- I don't want to hurt-"

"You just saved my life. H-How did you do that?"

You shrug and look down at your hands that lay in your lap.

Fred places a finger under your chin and lifts your head. His other hand touches yours; his fingers stroke your palm. You blush. "You're absolutely amazing."

You grin. Fred's fingers trace your jawline and reach out to tuck a strand of your hair behind your ear. He leans in to kiss you. You kiss back; you love the feeling of how perfect his lips feel against yours. He presses his lips to your jaw before pulling away. "Absolutely amazing," He repeats. "You're like-- a comic book character."

You laugh lightly. "I wanted to tell you. . . I thought that you'd find me a freak or something."

"What?" Fred gasps. "No way! Freddie loves powers!" His fingers twist together with yours. He lifts your hands and places them on his shoulders. You grip his shoulders as Fred pulls you onto your feet. He kisses you again; his hands grip your waist tightly.

You pull away and drop your head. Your forehead rests on his shoulder. "I-I love you," You whisper.

Fred breathes out a cheerful sigh of relief. "I love you too. I have for a long time now."

You smile. "But what if this gets out of my control?"

"Then I'll be here," He says.

"But-" You try to pull away.

"I'm not letting you go now, ___. I just got you." He kisses your forehead.

"I don't want you to let me go," You whisper.

"Then don't push me away," He whispers back.

"I'm not." You kiss him. "I won't."