(83): Protective (Tadashi)

Tadashi x Reader (I hope this is good enough for your request. I tried.)-- Requested by OurOtherReality. Enjoy.
(Unedited).

You were out with your boyfriend, Tadashi, just shopping and walking around. It was now dark, and Tadashi was going to walk you to the cafe, where he would take you home on his mo-ped.

"We can cut through the main part of town," Tadashi says.

You notice the construction signs lining the sidewalks, and the silhouettes of the neon orange cones. "Um, don't think so."

Tadashi sighs. "Great. Okay. We can. . . cut through the alleyway there." Tadashi points to the darker, worse part of San Fransokyo.

"No," You say, shaking your head. "No way."

"We have to," Tadashi says.

"But. . . Tadashi. . ." You bite your lip.

"Hey, you're gonna be alright. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you." Tadashi takes your hand.

You take a step forward. "Alright, let's just get this over with."

Tadashi laughs and the two of you walk into the dark alley. The two of you were walking for just a few minutes; the flickering streetlights made you even more nervous. It was silent, and then the sound of drunk laughter. You look up at Tadashi and he wraps an arm around your waist. He gives you a reassuring smile. You take a deep breath as two figures stumble into the alley.

"Whoa- hey!" One of them says, eyeing the two of you. Tadashi pushes you behind him and around to his other side, so you're between the brick wall and Tadashi's left side. "Hey, hey, wait up!"

One of the men grab Tadashi's right arm. He automatically tries to jerk away, which makes them laugh. "Leave us alone," Tadashi says through clenched teeth.

"And what are you going to do, huh, kid?" The man shoves him forward. Tadashi stumbles ahead, turning around to grab your wrist.

"Look," He breathes. "I don't want any trouble. We're just going home."

One of the men laugh and they both shove him down, throwing punches. "No!" You shout. "No, please, don't!" Tadashi falls down and they lean over him. You run forward and start punching one of the men's back. He turns around and shoves you against the brick wall. His hands hold your arms against the cold and scratchy surface of the building.

"No," Tadashi whispers. "Don't you dare touch her." He stands up and drags the guys away, suddenly gathering enough strength. The men don't move. "Get away from her!" Tadashi shoves them away, pushing one's head hard against the wall. He falls unconscious. The other holds his hands up. You slide to the ground.

"Whoa, man, I-I wasn't going to touch her." He stumbles back.

"Get out of here," Tadashi says. "Now!" He takes out his phone and dials 911. "Hello, yes, my girlfriend and I were just attacked by two drunk men." The man takes off. "He just ran off, but by the way he's stumbling around, he won't make it far." As Tadashi gives the operator the address, he kneels down beside her. "Yes. Thank you." He hangs up the phone. "Are you okay, ___?"

You nod. "Y-yeah."

"I'm so sorry. I promised that you wouldn't get hurt, and-"

"It's okay, Tadashi. It's okay." You wrap your arms around his neck. "Thank you for saving me. Are you okay?"

"Fine. Just a little bruised."

"They beat the crap out of you. Are you sure?"

Tadashi laughs. "Yeah. I'm sure."

The man leaning against the wall groans. Tadashi turns around, lifting you onto your feet and wrapping an arm around your waist. The man's arm twitches and his eyes close tighter together before he stills. The police sirens fill the air, and the lights illuminate the darkness. Tadashi adjusts his hat and takes your hand leading you to the paramedics.

"Um, Tadashi?" You ask, as the paramedics check out the bruises on your arms.

"Yeah?" He asks, leaning against the side of the ambulance.

"Promise me that you won't go that way anymore."

Tadashi laughs and steps forward. He kisses the top of your head. He presses his forehead against yours and takes your hands. "Promise."