(56): Snow Day

Holiday Hiro x Reader requested by OUAT_TIMELORD_OF_GF. The next few updates should be just holiday ones. ^-^ This one is short. Enjoy.
(Unedited).

Hiro texts you at seven in the morning. You reach out for your phone and look at it:

Classes are canceled! Did you look outside?

You text back:

No, I just woke up.

Less than a minute later, Hiro texts:

Great! My place in 15?

You groan at the thought of having to get up, but text:

Sure.

You climb out of bed, the cold air freezing your body that was once warm under your blanket. You go to your closet and pull out your warmest clothes. After pulling them on, you brush through your hair. You walk to Hiro's house, trying to avoid trudging through the thick snow that reaches your knees.

At the cafe, you see Cass standing on a chair, hanging white Christmas lights above the kitchen door. You walk up to her.

"Hey, Cass," You say.

"Hello, sweetie. Hiro should be down in a minute."

"Okay. Would you like help with that?" You ask.

"No, no," She waves you off. "I'm fine on my own."

"Are you sure?" You ask.

"Yup," She says, adjusting the wires on the lights. Hiro runs down, a huge smile on his face as he sees you. He'd had a crush on you for a while now.

"Hey, ___," He says.

"Hey, dork," You say, punching his arm playfully. "Let's get this over with."

Hiro laughs. "Well, okay."

The two of you walk out back. The icy cover of sparkles covers everything, threatening to make you slip or freeze to death. Hiro doesn't waste any time; he scoops up a handful of snow and begins to ball it up.

"No," You say, backing up. Hiro grins. "No, Hiro." You reach down and scoop up some snow, but Hiro was finished. "No, Hiro-" The snowball hits you in the face and the force knocks you over. Hiro erupts in laughter and you stay still on your side.

"I'm sorry," Hiro says breathlessly. "But that was hilarious." You don't move. "___?" He asks. "___. . . you okay?"

He walks over to you and bends down, reaching over to brush the hair from your face. You shove the handful of snow you had in your hand in his face, and he stagger back in surprise.

"Ha!" You say, sitting up. "That's what you get."

"___, that wasn't funny!" Hiro says, crawling close to you.

"How was that not funny?"

"I thought I hurt you, you dummy. You scared me."

"That's the point," You say. Hiro smiles. "Now c'mon, let's just have a real snowball fight.

~

After the snowball fight, Hiro takes you back inside for hot chocolate and Christmas cookies.

"Cass-" He says from the doorway. You walk beside him.

"Oh, Hiro. Would you look at that," Tadashi says, eyes on the doorframe.

Hiro looks up and sees the mistletoe dangling above the two of you. You glance up as well and then look at Hiro. "You don't have to," You say.

"But I want to," Hiro says. He grabs your waist and pulls you against him before crushing his lips to yours. Tadashi laughs and takes a picture just before Hiro pulls away. "I'm in love with you, ___."

You smile. "Why me?"

"Why not you?" He asks, kissing you again.