(103): Family

Sibling Fred x Reader as requested. c: Enjoy.
(Unedited).

You wake up to the sound of your alarm going off bright and early into the morning. Usually, that would put you in a crappy mood, but today your parents were coming home. You hardly saw them anymore; they were always at the family island. They always left you and your brother, Fred, at home.

You climb out of bed and run down the hall to Fred's room. You rapidly knock on the door. "Fred!"

Fred rushes to the door. He falls against the doorframe as he pulls it open. "What! Is something wrong?"

"Mom and Dad are coming home! We gotta get ready!"

Fred groans. "Okay, okay."

"Hurry up!" You run down the hall. You stop at the end and turn to your brother. "Wait, is Heathecliffe up?"

"Um, he is the butler. He's got a job to do."

"Oh. Right. Yeah." You run off. Fred smiles and shakes his head at you. As annoying as you were, he loved it when you were happy.

~

That night, just before dinner, you prepare a pile of DVDs for your family. During this, Fred receives a call from his dad.

"Okay," Fred mumbles. "Yeah, we totally get it. It's all good."

"Hey, Fred?" You call out. "Action or horror first? Which would mom like more? Oh, romance, duh!"

"Um, ___?" He walks up to you.

"What do you wanna watch, Freddie?"

"___."

"Horror? Just suspense?"

Fred clenches his fists. He had to break it to you, fast. "___, listen to Freddie for just a minute!"

"What?" You breathe.

"Mom and Dad aren't coming home."

"Fred, this isn't funny." You punch his arm and laugh a quietly. "Now, seriously-"

"I'm not kidding, ___. They didn't want to tell you. They knew that you were looking forward to them coming home."

"They're. . .  not coming?"

Fred shakes his head. "I'm sorry. I wanted them to come home, too."

You bite your lip in hope to stop the tears. No use. Tears slide down your cheeks.

"Aw, ___-"

"Just leave me alone," You whisper. You jog off to your room. You slam the door shut and collapse on the bed, sobbing into your pillow.

Fred sighs and scratches the back of his head.

"You're not really letting her go cry by herself, are you, Frederick?" Heathecliffe asks from behind Fred.

"What? Oh. Of course not. I'm going there right now."

"That's what I thought," He mumbles as Fred walks away.

Fred doesn't bother knocking. You'd never answer. He slowly pushes open the door and walks to the edge of your bed. "___? You okay?"

You don't answer for a minute. Then, you reach over and grab Fred's hand. He moves closer to you. You hold Fred's hand in both of yours and lay your tear soaked cheek on it. He smiles sadly. "I-I just wanted us all to be together for once."

"I did too," Fred whispers.

"I wish that we had a normal family."

Fred sighs. "You've always got me."

"You're not normal, Freddie." You laugh a little.

Fred smiles. "True. But I am pretty awesome!"

"I guess," You grumble.

"And I'm super smart," He adds.

"Sure. . ."

"Hey!" He laughs. You laugh with him. "I'll cut you some slack on that one, since you're sad. How about we play some video games and order a pizza?"

"Can the pizza have (favorite_topping)?" You ask in a small voice.

Fred pats your back. "If it'll make you happy."

"It will."

"Alright. I'll call. You prepare to get beat in (favorite_two_player_game)!"

"Oh, whatever! I'm so going to beat you!"

"Keep dreamin', sis." He takes out his phone.

You grin. Maybe today wasn't going to be as bad as you thought. You didn't need a normal family; you had the best brother ever.