(110): Robbery

Hiro x Reader requested by nerdfighter-dftba. I think that I changed up your request a little bit-- I apologize if this isn't what you wanted. Anyways, I hope you enjoy.
(Unedited).

You're walking down the sidewalk, heading towards the bookstore that you work at. Your family owned it. You work their everyday.

Your little sister skips ahead of you. "(Sister_name)!" You call out, jogging forward to grab her hand. "Don't run ahead."

"Sorry," She says.

You unlock the doors of the bookstore and flip the 'open' sign. Your sister runs off to the fluffy couches and plops down on one. "I actually need your help today," You say.

"Okay," She sighs. She walks over to you. You hand her a box of recently shipped books. "These go on the shelf in the back. Bottom shelf. Remember how to put them on the shelf correctly?"

"Yes," She answers.

You smile and pat her head. She giggles quietly and walks off.

The first two customers, a tall young man and a shorter younger man walk in. The taller one has been in here before. You smile. "Welcome," You greet. "How are you today?"

"Great," The taller man says. "You?"

"Wonderful," You reply.

"That's good," He says. "The little one not working today?"

"Oh, no, she is. She's putting books on shelves."

He nods and waves before heading off towards the collection of nonfiction books. You get back to opening the boxes that were mailed in yesterday. The younger boy walks over and observes the bookmarks and pens on the counter. "Can I help you?"

He looks down at you from where you're kneeling on the ground. "N-No," He stutters.

"You sure?" You ask, standing up. You place a stack of books on the counter.

"Um, yeah," He says. He smiles. "You work here all by yourself?"

"No. We've got other people who work here, but their shifts aren't until noon."

"Ah," He says. "Um, I'm Hiro." He holds out his hand. You take it and shake it.

"___," You say. "He's your brother?" You nod towards the older boy.

"Yup. He dragged me here this morning."

"Ah. Getting dragged into a bookstore-- so awful," You say sarcastically.

"Well, it was awful." He leans on the counter. "Now, I'm actually happy that he dragged me here." He smiles.

You blush. "And why would that be?" You lean closer into the counter.

Hiro opens his mouth to speak but is silenced by a guy with dark clothes as he barges in. He holds up a gun and points it towards you.

"Money now!" He demands. You run to the register immediately.

"Whoa, hey man! You can't do that!" Hiro screams. You open up the register and hand him the cash.

"Shut up!" The man screams, pointing the gun at Hiro. You shove more cash into his hands. You don't want Hiro to get hurt. "Is that it?"

You nod.

"Don't lie to me, girl!" He says. He points the gun towards you again.

"I-I'm not! That's it!" You scream shakily.

The man nods and runs towards the door.

"Hey!" A small voice shrieks. "You can't take that! That's Mommy and Daddy's!" You watch in fear as your little sister runs to the man. She kicks his leg. "Give it back!"

He scoops her up. "Don't have time for this," He mutters. Your sister screams as she is taken.

"No!" You scream. You run towards the door. "No, no!"

Hiro holds you back.

"He has my little sister!" You scream.

"I'll go get her," Hiro says.

"Hiro, no! We can call the police!" Tadashi interrupts.

"I'm doing this, Tadashi," Hiro states.

"It's dangerous."

"I can do this," He says. Hiro sprints out the door. Tadashi calls the police and you stand in the center of the store, heartbroken and helpless.

~

Miraculously, Hiro returns nine minutes later with a shaken (sister_name) in his arms. You run to them. "Oh God, (sister_name)!" Hiro hands her to you. She wraps her arms around your neck. "You're okay, you're okay."

"Did you call the police?" Hiro asks.

"Tadashi did," You say. You open your mouth to thank him but you're interrupted by your parents, who just finished talking to the police.

"___! (Sister_name)! Thank God you're okay!" They hug both of you. Your mom picks up (sister_name). Your father kisses your head and then turns his attention to your little sister. You smile and turn back to Hiro.

"Thank you, Hiro," You say. "You saved my little sister's life. I am so grateful." You hug him tightly.

"It's no big deal," He says.

You pull away. "Um, it is a big deal! You risked your life for ours."

"Yeah, well. . ." He shrugs. You wrap your arms around his neck. You kiss his cheek.

"Thank you."

Hiro blushes. "A-Anytime."