(99): Jealous (Tadashi)

Tadashi x Reader requested by AnyaRadulov. Enjoy. (Unedited).

"Hey, ___?" Tadashi asks over the phone one Saturday afternoon. The two of you always spent your weekends talking over the phone.

"Hm?"

Tadashi opens his mouth to ask, Wanna hang out? , but you interrupt with, "Ohmigosh!"

"What?" Tadashi asks.

"Ohmigosh! No way! Tadashi, I gotta go!"

"Whoa whoa whoa, wait a second-- what's going on?"

"(Random_guy's_name) asked me out!" You exclaim.

Tadashi's face falls. "Like, on a date?"

"Not sure," You admit. "But I'm gonna meet him up at the movie theater."

"Well, congratulations."

"Thanks," You mumble. You grin. "I'll, uh, talk to you later, okay?"

"Okay," He says. "Bye."

"Bye." You hang up quickly and rush to get ready. You have a crush on Tadashi, yeah, but he doesn't seem to like you anymore than your other friends do. That's okay. You could live with it-- as long as there were distractions.

~

That Monday, Tadashi waits in your lab at SFIT. He hears your door open. "Hey, Tadashi," You greet him.

Tadashi looks up with a huge smile. "Hey." Then, his smile disappears. You have (r_g_n) with you. Your arm is hooked with his. "Hello."

The guy nods towards Tadashi. You bite your lip. "Um, we're gonna work together today, alright?"

Tadashi stands. "Yeah. Alright. That's totally fine." He leaves.

You turn to see him. He's actually hurt. "Maybe-"

"He'll be fine, ___," (R_g_n) assures you.

You nod. "Right."

~

Tadashi wasn't fine. His lab was in perfect view of yours. He watched the way you laughed with that guy, talked to him-- we watched the way he would brush the hair that fell in your face away, and how he would watch you as you scribbled away on a sheet of paper. The way your fingers intertwined with his periodically. The way he would leave soft kisses on your cheek.

Tadashi couldn't believe that he lost you so quickly. Luckily, (r_g_n) had to leave. He kissed your cheek and squeezed your hand before heading out. You stay in your lab. Tadashi walks in.

"Um, ___?" He asks from the doorway.

"Hey," You say with a smile. "You okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" Tadashi questions you.

"You just stormed off earlier. That's not like you, Tadashi."

Tadashi shrugs. "I don't know."

"Do you. . . not like (r_g_n)?" You ask. You walk towards Tadashi.

He bites his lip. "That makes me sound like a complete jerk, but- no. I do not like him."

You laugh quietly. "Um, why?"

"Because-b-because, um," He pauses. "I don't know."

"Tadashi," You whisper. "Just tell me."

"I love you, okay?"

You blink. "Tadashi," You whisper again.

"I love you, and I'm mad that he got to you first and you probably like him more and now we can't even be friends because I made this way too awkward--"

You close the space between you and him and kiss his lips. "Just shut up. You're really cute when you're jealous. You know that, right?"

Tadashi smiles. "So you love me back?"

"What do you think?" You kiss him again.