(185): Butterflies (Part Three)

Sorry, guys! I was going to update yesterday, but instead I started working on a full length Fred x Reader (Or Fred x OC, I haven't really decided.) I don't know if I'll ever upload it or not.
Enjoy part three~

I'll post part four later. Sorry that I have to divide this up so much.
(Unedited).

After the teacher babbles on for an hour, she puts everyone right to work. Fifth grade is much different from fourth. Less play, more work. You aren't sure if you like it or not.

After lunch, you go out for recess. You run to the swingset and grab your favorite swing. You sit there, eyes on the small flower garden by the fence.

"Hi," A voice says. Tadashi. "Can I swing, too?"

You nod. He takes the swing beside you. "I'm sorry," He says.

You don't say anything. You keep your eyes on his.

"I'm sorry that I stopped being your friend.  Can we be friends again?"

You smile. That was good enough for you. That's all you ever wanted to hear.

"Yeah. We can be friends."

Tadashi takes your hand and smiles back. The two of you hold hands and swing together.

-

Towards the end of the year, the weather starts to get warm again. You start off towards the swings, Tadashi running just behind you. As soon as you reach the swing and grab the chain, a taller kid grabs it. He yanks the swing away from you. He glares at you.

"Back off, kid. It's mine."

"No," You say. "I grabbed it first!"

"Back off!" He growls. He shoves you, hard. You fall back.

"Hey!" Tadashi shouts. He drops to your side. His eyes are filled with concern. "___, are you okay?"

You nod.

Tadashi looks up at the kid. "That was mean!"

"And? She was annoying and she got in my way. Who cares?"

"I care! You hurt her!"

"Then go take your girlfriend to the nurse's office, nerd."

Tadashi helps you up. "Come on, ___. We can find something else to do."

You nod. Tadashi leads you to a bench. He sits down beside you. "Does anything hurt?" He asks.

"No," You reply. "Thanks for sticking up for me."

Tadashi smiles, blushing a little. "It wasn't a big deal."

You smile back. "I think it was." You lean your head against his shoulder and close your eyes. Tadashi sits still, wondering why his heart keeps beating so fast whenever he sees you.

~

Sixth grade is different. Everyone switches classes. No recess, longer lunch. Hallways are always crowded.

Lucky for you, most of your classes are with Tadashi. When he first sees you, he doesn't even recognize you. You're wearing (favorite outfit), your hair is (straightened/curled), and you have light pink lipgloss.

"Wow," He says.

You blush. "My family bought me all this stuff because I'm older now."

"It's different," He says.

You frown. "I know."

"You look pretty."

You blush again. "I do?"

Tadashi fidgets nervously. "Y-Yeah. You do."

"Thank you," You say.

Tadashi's heart flutters wildly. Was Aunt Cass right? Did he really have a crush on you? No way. That's not possible. Is it?