(188): Hiro Hamada

Hiro x Reader that I thought of. ^-^

(Unedited).

You're one of the most talented bot fighters in San Fransokyo. Your bot, which you call (bot_name), took you two and a half years to build. The two and a half years of hard work paid off greatly. Since you started bot fighting, you have won hundreds of dollars and earned multiple titles in supreme bot fights.

Only one person seemed to stand in your way.

Hiro Hamada.

The fourteen year old bot fighting genius was the only person in the way of your overall fame. He was the most famous-- so far, anyway.

Tonight, you plan on changing that. You walk down the deserted, quiet alleys of the city, head down, bot stuffed in your hoodie. As you reach the bot fight, you hear a voice call out, "Ha! Another bot, down! Who's next? Who wants to challenge Megabot?"

"I do," You announce from the back of the crowd.

Everyone turns towards you and starts whispering. They move aside, clearing a path for you.

"Step right up here, then," Hiro says. He smirks and sits down, legs crossed. "What's your name?"

You smile and follow. "___. ___ (last_name)."

"I've heard about you. Think you can beat me?"

"Well, considering that I've beat everyone else in bot fighting, yeah. I really do."

"I like your confidence." Hiro smirks again. "What's your bet?"

You pull out a wad of bills and place it on the betting plate. Hiro does the same.

"Two bots enter. One bot leaves. Fighters ready?" An umbrella is spun between you and Hiro. You lean forward, hands gripping your remote control with great force. "Fight!"

Your bot is launched into its routine of karate-like moves. Hiro bites his lip in enthusiastic concentration as his bot moves swiftly across the fighting floor, dodging each hit and kick done by your bot.

Suddenly, red and blue lights flash across the dark brick walls. Everyone gasps and goes silent. Everything is still for half a second, then it's chaos. You grab your money and bot, shove them into the pocket of your hoodie, and take off. A hand grabs yours.

"Don't go that way!" Hiro whispers loudly.

"Why not?" You demand.

"That's the first alley that they check. Trust me."

"Then where -"

"Hey, knucklehead!" Another voice shouts. "Get on!" A young man leans over a mo-ped, eyes wide with worry and panic.

"Tadashi!" Hiro says. Tadashi tosses a helmet to his little brother. "Mind if she catches a ride, too?"

"What are you doing?" You ask Hiro.

"Saving you from jail time!"

"I guess we can all fit on. Hurry!" Tadashi says calmly. Hiro climbs on the mo-ped. You climb on behind him and wrap your arms around his waist, tightening your grip as Tadashi shoots off. He reaches out and starts hitting Hiro. "What are you thinking? Knucklehead! Bot fighting is illegal! You're going to get yourself arrested!"

"Bot fighting is not illegal," Hiro objects.

"It's really not," You add.

"Now betting on bot fights. . . that's- that's illegal. But I've gotta tell you, bro, if that fight hadn't of been interrupted, I would've won big!" Hiro pulls out his money.

"Yeah, right," You say. "I totally would've beat you!"

"In your dreams, ___." Hiro rolls his eyes.  "But Tadashi, seriously. I'm on a roll, big brother! And there is nothing that's going to stop me!"

Suddenly, Tadashi slams on his breaks. You peer around Hiro's shoulder to see cop cars.

"Oh no."

~

Soon, you find yourself handcuffed. Then, in a police car. Then, in a jail cell. You have to stay in a cell with Hiro, because he's young and you were the youngest female at the bot fight.

You sigh, the silence is awkward as Tadashi glares at his little brother from a neighboring cell.

"Um, thanks," You say.

"For what?" Hiro asks.

"Helping me. I mean, I ended up in jail, anyways, but you kept me out of it for a while, at least. Thanks."

Hiro smiles. "You're welcome."

You can't help but smile back.

"Hiro and Tadashi Hamada," A cop calls out. He unlocks your cell and Tadashi's. "Your Aunt's here for you."

"Guess I'll see you around," Hiro says. He stands up. "Any idea when you're getting out of here?"

"Whenever they release me," You sigh and lean against the wall.

"No one's coming to bail you out?" Hiro asks.

"Let's go, Mr. Hamada," The cop says impatiently.

You shake your head. "Bye, Hiro."

Hiro looks down. He didn't feel right, leaving you here alone.

He follows his brother out the exit.

"Hi, Aunt Cass," Tadashi greets.

Aunt Cass sighs with relief. "Oh, are you boys okay?"

"Yeah. We're okay."

"Um, Aunt Cass? Can I ask for a favor?"

-

"___ (l/n)."

You're shocked to hear your name. You look up and see the cop unlocking the jail cell.

"You're free to go, kiddo."

Hesitantly, you stand up. You walk forward, wondering if this is a joke.

It's not. Outside, Hiro smiles at you. His aunt is yelling at both of them.

"Is this her?" She asks.

"Yeah," Hiro answers.

"It's nice to meet you, sweetie. I'm Cass. Now the two of you, get in the car!" Cass walks around the vehicle.

You playfully hit Hiro's arm as he opens the car door. "Thanks. Again."

"You're welcome. Again." Hiro laughs. "Um, we should reschedule that bot fight."

"To when?" You ask.

"Tonight?"

"Sure," You reply. "Where?"

"I'll call you."

"You don't have my number."

"I was hoping that you'd give it to me," Hiro says with a smirk.

You laugh and tell him.

Hiro taps his head. "Got it. Later, ___."

Hiro climbs in the car. As they drive away, you wonder how you went from just wanting to defeat Hiro's bot to wanting to see him again.