(227): Hanging Out

Fred x Reader that I thought of. It's not really good, I just through it together.

~I'm so excited-- My Magic Bands came today! Eeek!

(Unedited).

It's Friday, which means that you'll be hanging out with your two best friends, Honey Lemon and Go Go. You've been looking forward to this all week. The two of you are going for coffee, a movie, and then late night shopping.

You stop by Honey's lab. She's mixing liquids together until they make a bubbly pink substance.

"Hey," You greet her.

"Hello," She replies with a sweet smile.

"We're still going out tonight, right? When's Go Go going to meet up here?"

"Oh." Honey Lemon looks down. "I meant to tell you earlier, but I didn't see you after chemistry. Something came up. We'll have to reschedule. I'm going to visit family for the weekend. Go Go has a huge project to do, too. She'll be working on her bikes."

"Oh. That's okay. We'll reschedule." You force a smile.

"Are you sure?" Honey Lemon asks, grabbing her purse and slinging it over her shoulder.

"Yeah." You nod.

"Oh, good. I was worried that you would be upset." She walks over to you and grabs your shoulders. She kisses your cheeks lightly. "I have to go. Maybe you can ask Fred if he wants to do anything."

You smile again and nod. "Right." Honey Lemon walks out, waving behind her. As soon as she's gone, you sigh. Fred's cool, but he's not Go Go or Honey Lemon. It doesn't seem like you have a choice now.

You spot Fred sitting in his recliner, a stack of comics under his arm. He's shoving a sandwich in his mouth. Mustard and mayonnaise drips on the floor and the arm of the chair. He's wearing his mascot suit.

"Hey, Fred," You say.

Fred's eyes light up as he sees you. He has had a crush on you for a while now. "Hey!" He exclaims. He drops his sandwich on a pile of napkins that is on his side table.

You smile. "Uh, Fred?" You notice a splotch of mustard on his cheek. You point to it. "You've got a little-"

"Oh. Right." He wipes his face with the sleeve of his monster suit. "Did you need something?" He asks.

"I was uh, wondering. . . if you would want to hang out with me tonight?"

Fred's eyes widen with disbelief. "Really?" You nod. "Yeah! Totally! I mean, uh, what do you want to do?"

"We can . . . go shopping?"

Fred shrugs. "Sure. I should probably get out of this suit."

You flash a smile. "Probably."

Fred blushes and disappears into the hallway. You wait for him. When he comes back, he grins. "Okay. Where do you want to go?"

"I don't care. Where do you want to go?"

Fred smiles. "Follow me."

You spend the evening in comic book shops, video game stores, and weird little individually owned stores that sold small, random objects. Fred is hilarious, and you find yourself becoming more comfortable with him as the night goes on. That night, you've read at least twenty comics with him, tried out three different videogames, and ran down the sidewalks, dodging the people who are dressed in thick coats and suits.

At the end of the night, just around midnight, you and Fred stop at a twenty-four hour diner. You sit across from him in a booth. Two large (sodas/milkshakes) sit in between you and him, and a basket of fries.

The two of you are finding everything hilarious. You're the only ones left in the diner, and the workers are looking restless. 

"Okay, Fred," You say breathlessly. You've been laughing so hard that your stomach hurts. "We've got to hang out more often."

Fred nods. "Absolutely."

"I was kind of. . . afraid. . . to hang out with you," You admit, taking a sip of your drink.

He frowns. Sudden hopes of you one day liking him fly away. "Really?"

"Yeah, but don't feel bad. Seriously. Don't. I was so ridiculous. You're hilarious, Freddie."

He smiles. "I am?"

"Yeah, and you know it." You pick a fry out of the basket and throw it at Fred. It bounces off of his nose.

He laughs and throws fries at you, until it's a total French fry war.

The waiter comes to your table. "Can I get you two anything else?" He asks tiredly.

"We'll just take the check," Fred replies with a laugh. You're pulling French fries out of your hair with a grimace.

"Coming right up."

"How much do I owe you?" You ask. "Half the fries, the milkshake. . ."

"I've got it," Fred says.

"No way. I'll pay. It's not like we're on a date or anything."

"We could be. It's just us." Fred says, raising his eyebrows and smirking. "But I guess I should've asked you earlier."

"I hardly knew you earlier," You reply. "Now I feel like I've known you all of my life."

"True."

"So, ask."

"What?" Fred almost whispers.

"Ask me out on a date."

"Okay. . . " He swallows. Is this a joke? "Will you go out on a date with me?" Fred asks.

"Sure," You say with a smirk. "Are you free right now?"

"I-I think so." He's surprised. The blush on his cheeks makes you smile. You're shocked with yourself. Do you like him?

You're blushing when Fred hands the money to the waiter. Fred stands. "Coming?"

"Uh-huh." You stand up.

Fred opens the door for you. "After you, my date," He says.

"Thank you very much, my date," You say.

Fred smiles. He walks you home. When you reach your doorstep, You look up at him and smile. "That was a great date. I had a lot of fun."

"Me too."

"Are you free next Friday?" You ask.

"Y-Yeah," He stutters.

"Date?"

He nods. You reach out a take his hand. Your shoulder is pressed against his chest, your faces inches from each other's. You twist your fingers with his and then release him. "Night, Freddie."

"Night," He whispers. You step inside. Fred stays frozen on your porch. He holds his hand that you held to his chest. Did all of that really happen? Did he really just hang out with you all night? Did he really ask you out? Did you ask him out? His lips slowly curl up into a smile. "Yes!" He whispers loudly. He punches the air excitedly and leaps off of the porch.