(245): Wanting To Know You

Tadashi x Reader that I thought of~

I need lots of requests for adorable fluff with whichever character from you guys. I received bad news today and I just need to get my mind off of things. So requests are greatly appreciated. ❤

(Unedited).

It's a busy afternoon at Lucky Cat Cafe. Tadashi is leaning against the counter, his eyes staring through the window. "Hey, Tadashi," Hiro greets his brother. "I was trying to fix this stupid bot, but it's not working. I don't know how to fix it. Can you help?"

Tadashi doesn't answer.

"Tadashi?" Hiro asks. He softly hits his brother's shoulder. "Hello? Tadashi? What's wrong with you?" He waves his hand in front of Tadashi's face. "What are you staring at?" He follows his brother's gaze. Tadashi's staring at girl. ___. She was new to SFIT, and she was quiet. She rarely talked to anyone. "You should talk to her."

Tadashi sighs and shakes his head.

"Don't you want to? I know that you like her."

"I do. . . wait. How do you know?" Tadashi asks.

"Because you're my brother. I know everything." Hiro smiles. "Really. Talk to her."

"I can't. . .  what would I even say?"

"Um. . . 'Hi, my name is Tadashi, and I know that we haven't talked before, but I stare at you every day'?" Hiro smirks.

Tadashi shoves his brother. "Knucklehead."

Hiro laughs. "Okay, okay. Really. Talk to her." The door opens and girl steps in. She walks to the counter. "Here's your chance!" Hiro whispers loudly.

You step to the side and read off of the menu. You force yourself to not panic because Tadashi is there. You've had a crush on him since your first week at SFIT. He's in your robotics class.

Cass steps up. "Hello. May I help you?"

"Um. . . yeah. I'll take a (drink), please," You say awkwardly.

"Sure thing." Cass smiles. She goes to the back.

Tadashi keeps his eyes on the counter. Hiro stares at him, then you. Finally, he steps up to you.

"Hey," He says.

"Um. . ." You look around to make sure he's talking to you. "Hi."

"I'm Hiro," He says. "And this is my brother, Tadashi."

You smile and blush. "___. You're in my robotics class, right?" You ask Tadashi.

"Y-Yeah. Um, I've seen your inventions. You're really smart."

You blush a deeper shade of red. "Thank you. Your inventions are way better, though."

"No way," Tadashi says.

"Seriously. Your nurse bot? That's brilliant. I couldn't of thought up with an idea like that if I tried." Aunt Cass comes back with your drink. You smile at her. "Thank you. Um, I'll see you around school, Tadashi."

"See you," Tadashi whispers as you walk away.

Hiro smiles at his brother. "Yeah. You're welcome."

~

The next day, you're late to your robotics class. Everyone is taking notes, so you hurry to your desk and take your notebook out. Halfway through your notes, you feel stares pounding at your back. You slowly turn your head and find Tadashi. His eyes are on his paper. You blink and turn back.

This happens a few times during class. Before the end, you turn your head quickly to look at Tadashi. His eyes meet yours and his cheeks burn a bright red. You raise your eyebrows. Tadashi smiles. You hold his gaze.

Class is dismissed and you finally gather your things. You hear footsteps and look up to see Tadashi. You smile. "Is there a reason you were staring at me during class?"

Tadashi smiles. "I just. . ."

"Wanted to be a creep?" You finish.

"I mean. . . sure. I guess."

You roll your eyes and stand up.

"Do you have plans for lunch?" He asks suddenly.

Your heart skips a beat. "Not really. . . why?"

"Because I want to get to know you. And I figured that treating you to lunch at the cafe was the best way."

You smile. "You're right. But you don't have to treat me to lunch. I'd want to get to know you, anyways. I mean, I have for a while."

"Really?" Tadashi asks.

"Yeah. I never had the guts to talk to you though." You shrug. Tadashi walks beside you down the hall.

"I never did, either. It was my brother who finally just said something to you so I would have to say something to you, too."

You blush. "You wanted to talk to me?"

"I have been wanting to for a while. I just never thought that a nerd like me could ever get attention from someone as beautiful as you," Tadashi says quietly.

"Well, you have my attention," You say.

"Thanks to my brother," Tadashi adds.

"No. You had my attention before that." You smile up at Tadashi. "You've always had my attention."

"I'm still thanking my brother," He says.

"Why?"

"Because if he hadn't of pushed me to talk to you, I would still be playing out scenarios where I actually was brave enough to talk to you in my head."

You laugh. "Well, thanks to your brother. I'm glad he made you talk to me. And I'm glad you want to get to know me."