(284): Decorations (Tadashi)

This is pretty lame, but I'm honestly just super sad today. I went from being so excited for fall to not caring. Ugh.
I'll still be posting requests, so keep sending them in! If you've already sent them in, they'll be up in a couple of days.

Tadashi x Reader~

(Unedited).

Tadashi is leaning over his desk, working on a lab that the two of you were both working on together. Well, you're supposed to be working on it with him. The plan was to meet him here and start half an hour ago. Instead, he's alone, wondering where his girlfriend wandered off to now. Sighing, Tadashi stands up and walks out of his lab. He crosses the hallway to yours and opens the door.

"___, I thought you were-" He stops, eyes wide at what he's looking at. He steps inside of your lab and shuts the door behind him. He finds himself standing in a room full of silly Halloween decorations. "What are you doing?"

"Decorating," you reply from the stool you're standing on. You're hanging a plastic bat from a hook on the ceiling.

"Yeah. . . why?" He questions, eyeing the plastic pumpkins that line the shelves. "Where are your textbooks and tools?"

"In my closet," you answer, tying the string into a knot.

"So you've packed away all of your school supplies and made your lab into a haunted house," Tadashi states, smiling at you. You nod, more focused on the knot than anything else. "I can't decide whether this is the most adorable thing I've ever seen or the craziest."

"Think whatever you want, Tadashi," you reply. "I love Halloween." The stool tilts a little as you lean down for your second plastic bat. Tadashi reaches out for you, grabbing your waist to steady you.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"Decorating. I already told you this, 'Dashi."

"Obviously, but why do you need another bat?"

"Because," you struggle to reach, "they go together."

Tadashi sighs. "You're going to hurt yourself. Stand still. I'll get it." He walks to your desk and snatches the plastic bat. He hands it to you.

"Thanks!" You tie the second bat on a nearby hook and stand there, admiring your work. "Not too bad, huh?"

"It's nice," Tadashi compliments. He leans back. "Now get down. You're making me a nervous wreck."

"Chill out, Tadashi. I'm going to be fi-" You try to step off of the unsteady stool, but you miss the bottom bar. You find yourself falling backwards. "Whoa!"

Tadashi jumps forward and wraps his arms around your waist and gently sets you down. "I told you!" He exclaims.

You giggle and turn around in his arms. "Good thing you're there to catch me." You reach up and gently press your lips against his, making Tadashi smile. "Oh, wait! What time is it?"

"Almost time for your Advanced Calculus class," he reminds you.

"But we didn't work on our lab," you say, opening the closet and grabbing your laptop and textbook.

"I did. You decorated."

You sigh. "Guess I lost track of time, again." You reach up and kiss him. "I'm sorry. I'll work on it by myself tomorrow, since you had to work on it all alone today."

"I'm not making you work alone," he says, wrapping an arm around your waist.

"Okay, then I can decorate your lab for you!"