(336): Don't Worry (Wasabi)

Wasabi x Reader~

(Unedited).

You walk cheerfully up to your best friend's lab and place your elbows on the table. You can hear his groan of annoyance. "Fred, I'm not afraid to laser hand you in the face! Really, I'm not!"

You laugh. "You wouldn't really laser hand him in the face, would you?"

Wasabi's eyes widen when he recognizes your voice. "___! I'm sorry, I thought that you were Fred. He was over here bothering me earlier."

You take a seat on the stool that's in front of his lab table. "No, Fred left to get coffee before the game. I asked him to get us each a cappuccino. But really, would you laser hand him in the face?"

"No, probably not. But if you ever tell him that, I will laser hand you in the face!" You giggle at this. Wasabi cracks a smile. "So what are you working on?"

"A new set of lasers," he answers. "Come on, I'll show you."

"Why am I not surprised that you're working on these new lasers?" You roll your eyes at him but spin the stool around.

Wasabi laughs nervously. "I don't know how well they'll work, but I want them to cut anything into the smallest pieces possible." Just before he flips the switch to start them up, he notices something. "You need goggles and gloves."

You shake your head and roll your eyes again. "Wasabi, you're so neat."

"This isn't about being neat, ___," he replies, handing you the rubber gloves and the plastic safety glasses. "It's about being safe. Put them on." You let out a small breath as you slip the gloves on. Once the glasses are resting on the bridge of your nose, Wasabi smiles. "Prepare to be amazed." He picks up an apple and tosses it through the bright green streaks of light. The remains flutter around you in the thinnest slices you've ever seen.

"Wow," you say in admiration as a slice of the apple falls on your hand. "It's even more precise than usual. You've really outdone yourself."

"Not yet," he says, flipping the lasers off. "It needs to be able to cut anything; squash, pumpkin-"

"Wasabi?" You interrupt. "Can I ask you something?" He nods. "Why are you obsessed with testing fruit and vegetables?" You laugh.

Wasabi shakes his head at you. "Because fruit and vegetables are the easiest to work with right now. Durable yet vulnerable. Perfect for testing."

You nod. "Alright, I can see that."

"Two cappuccinos for the happy couple!" Fred exclaims. He hands both you and Wasabi a coffee. Your face burns in embarrassment.

"We-We're not- he's not- I'm not-" You struggle with your words.

"We're not a couple," Wasabi finishes for you.

Fred narrows his eyes. "Sounds like a very couple-like thing to say." He slowly backs away from the table. "Freddie's watching you two." He points at you before heading off towards the other side of the labs.

You blink and shake your head at him. Wasabi lets out a deep breath and leans against the wall. You blow on your coffee and hesitantly take a sip. As you take a drink of it, Wasabi says, "We could be a couple, you know."

You drop your coffee in surprise. It spills all over his tools and lab table. His papers soak up the French vanilla liquid. You barely even feel the burning on your legs, but when you do, you immediately shoot up off of the stool. "Gah! Ow!"

"___!" Wasabi says. He grabs the roll of paper towels. Instead of going for his papers and tools like you thought, he tears a wad of the towel off and hands it to you. He wipes the floor around your feet so you won't slip. When he's finished, he grabs your arm. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," you say, wincing at the burn you still feel on your leg. You look around at the mess on the table. "Wasabi, I'm so sorry!"

He doesn't say anything. He grabs the used paper towels and tosses them in the garbage can. "Don't apologize." He takes your hand in his and looks at your skin. "Did you burn yourself? Do you need to see Baymax?"

You shake your head. "I'm fine. Wasabi, are you mad at me?"

He raises his eyebrows. "Why would I be mad at you?"

"I ruined everything," you remind him.

He shakes his head. "No, I'm not mad. Accidents happen, ___."

"But if Fred has spilled it, you would've probably laser handed him in the face," you point out.

Wasabi cracks a smile, "That's very accurate, actually. But he's Fred. You're you. And I really like you, ___. That's why I said that before. Which is probably why you spilled your coffee."

You smile. "Yeah, so it is technically your fault. But seriously, I like you, Wasabi. I really do."

Wasabi's face softens. He immediately wraps you up into his arms and kisses you passionately. You're taken aback by this side of Wasabi. You wrap your arms around him and shut your eyes. He pulls away and smiles at you. "I'm sorry."

You laugh. "Don't apologize."

He slides his fingers in between yours. "How about I take you out for coffee, since yours spilled everywhere?"

"I would like that," you reply, reaching up to kiss him once more.