(220): Baymax, Destroy

Updating twice today to make up for no updates yesterday! A depressing (and pretty dark, I think) Hiro x Reader as promised!

(Unedited).

You're walking with your team through an abandoned warehouse that supposedly hid the masked villain, Yokai. Wasabi cut through the door with his laser blades. Inside the room in which he cut into, your team saw a staircase and a dark hallway.

"Any sign of him, Baymax?" Hiro asks.

Baymax tries to scan. "This structure is interfering with my sensor." He scans again.

"Oh, great. The robot's broken," Wasabi complains nervously.

"It'll be okay, Wasabi. He's not broken," You assure him. You look over at your boyfriend, Hiro, concerned. He has been having a hard time since the death of his big brother, Tadashi.

"Guys, you might want to see this," Honey Lemon says. She leads your group into a lab, which has been seriously damaged.

Everyone looks around. You see two broken portal-like objects. "What do you think they are, Hiro?" You ask him.

"I'm not sure. But look," Hiro says. He points to a bird symbol.

"It's the bird that we saw when we first saw Yokai," You whisper.

Hiro nods. "Yeah."

"Hiro," Honey Lemon says. You and Hiro turn and see where Honey Lemon points; to a flickering light in a control room.

You start to walk up the stairs. Hiro grabs your arm and whispers, "Stay close."

You nod and stick to his side. When your team bursts into the control room, you're shocked to see that it's empty. Hiro walks to the video screens and computer. He hits a key and you gasp. Alistair Krei is showing off the two portals; the portals in the previous rooms. The pilot was lost in the portal when she entered. Krei knew it, too.

"That's awful," You whisper.

The video ends. Hiro shakes his head. "Krei's using my microbots to steal his machine back," He says.

"But why?" You add in.

Hiro shakes his head. "I-I don't know."

Suddenly, a buzzing of microbots fills your ears. "Oh no," Baymax says. You turn and gasp as a chunk of debris is thrown towards you and your team. It turned out okay, though. Baymax projects everyone, just as he is programmed to do.

You all recover quickly and fight against Yokai. You're not very good with your power, though. Honey, Go Go, Wasabi, and Fred aren't, either. It's Hiro and Baymax who eventually crash into Yokai. You rush toward Hiro, who is laying on the floor.

"Hiro?" You ask in a panic. You help pull him up. He shoves you away and grabs the mask. You step back. "It's over, Krei."

But it's not Krei. It's Professor Callaghan. 

"Callaghan?" You whisper. You take your helmet off.

"But. . . the explosion. You died," Hiro says in disbelief.

"No. Your microbots kept me safe."

Hiro is heartbroken. "But Tadashi . . . you just let him die."

"Give me the mask, Hiro," He says.

"He went in there to save you!" Hiro exclaims.

"That was his mistake!" Callaghan shouts.

Something in Hiro snaps. "Baymax," He says. "Destroy."

You blink with confusion.

"My programming prevents me from injuring another human being," Baymax states.

Hiro opens Baymax's access panel. "Not anymore."

"Hiro," You say. Hiro ignores you. "Hiro, stop! Think about what you're doing!"

"Hiro, this is not what-" Baymax protests.

Hiro removed the nurse chip. "Do it, Baymax! Destroy him!" He shouts.

Baymax's eyes turn red. He raises a rocket fist. Callaghan backs away.

"No, Baymax!" You shout. You ram your weight into Baymax's arm, knocking the fist off of track. Baymax lifts you and tosses you away. You hit your head hard on a chunk of cement. Go Go, Honey, Fred, and Wasabi try to stop Baymax. You blink. You can hear your heartbeat thudding in your ears. It's hard to see, hard to breathe. The room spins. You scramble up. Everything is quiet, except for the beating of your heart and the ringing of your ears.

Baymax raises his fist at Callaghan again. You sprint and run straight into him. Hiro is screaming at you.  Baymax lifts you and slams you into a wall. Your head cracks against the cement. Everything goes black.

Honey Lemon gets the chip back in Baymax.

"What are you doing?" Hiro demands. "He's getting away!"

"Guys," Go Go says with a small voice. She's looking at you. Everyone's eyes widen when they see you, sitting in a big pool of thick blood.

Honey Lemon cries out. Hiro's knees go weak. He runs to you and collapses on the ground. He checks for your pulse.

"My health care protocol has been violated," Baymax says. "I regret any kind of distress I may have caused."

Hiro panics as his fingers press harder against your jaw. Your chest isn't rising. Your eyes are wide open, staring out into space. Nothing. Nothing except the silence. Your heart is still, your lungs aren't working. "No. No, no, no." Hiro lifts you into his arms. Tears flood down his cheeks. "I should've listened. . . I. . .  I. . ." Hiro is sobbing uncontrollably. "You said to stop. I didn't listen. I'm sorry, ___. I love you. I didn't act like it, though. I did this." Hiro drops you onto the floor. He rocks back and forth, raising his blood stained hands to his ears. "I did this. I'm sorry!" He cries. "This is my fault. My fault. My fault."

The team can't do anything. They just watch, unsure of what to do.