(242): Graduating (Part Two)

Now this seriously is the last one shot for a while.

Part two of Graduating~

(Unedited).

"Call me every night," Tadashi says.

"I will." You squeeze his fingers. You're standing in the airport. Your flight will be called any minute.

"Tell your family that I said hi," He continues, "and take care of yourself. If you need anything at any time, just call me. I'll fly out and get there as soon as possible. Keep me updated. . .  unless you're too busy with work. But try not to be too busy with work."

You smile. "Okay, okay."

Tadashi cradles your face in his hands and kisses your forehead. Your hands rest on his chest lightly. "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you, too."

"What will I do while you're gone?"

"Plan our wedding," You suggest.

Tadashi laughs. "I will probably do that. As soon as you board that plane."

"Good." You kiss him softly. "Tadashi-"

Tadashi silences you by pulling you against him. His lips crash against yours and he kisses you over and over again. Your plane is called. Tadashi kisses you one more time, and then he pulls away. "___.  .  ." He whispers.

"Shh," You silence him. "You're ruining the romance." You throw your arms around his shoulders and kiss him again. The last chance for your plane is called.

"___," He whispers. "Your plane." He leans down and grabs your suitcase. "Go." He kisses your head. "I love you."

"I love you, too," You whisper. Your fingers find his and you squeeze them. Then you walk away.

And just like that, you are gone. Your life here is over.

For now.

~

"Gosh, I miss you," Tadashi breathes over the phone.

You smile. "I miss you, too."

"How's work been?" He asks.

"Good," You reply. "Pretty good. I mean, the last few months have been pretty rough. . . but yeah. Good." You haven't seen Tadashi for over two years. Does he look different? He must.

"Yeah. Things have been rough over here, too."

"I'm sorry," You say.

"It's alright. So. The day after tomorrow is your birthday."

You roll your eyes. "Yeah, but it's not that important. My family keeps telling me that I'm going somewhere special but it's probably just a restaurant."

"Aw. That's it?"

"Probably."

"Well, to lighten your spirits, there's a card on its way. It's signed by me. You're welcome."

You laugh. "Thank you, Tadashi. That's sweet."

"Anything for you, love." It's silent for a moment. "It's getting late. I'd better get some sleep."

"Okay. Goodnight."

"Goodnight. I love you."

"I love you, too."

"I love you even more," He whispers. He hangs up.

~

"Why can't I look?" You grumble as your (mom/dad/guardian) covers your eyes and leads you to the car.

"Because this is a surprise. Now keep your eyes closed in the car. Trust me, you do not want to ruin this surprise."

You smile. Anticipation rises in your stomach. "Okay."

You don't look. You let your family lead you to the back room of the restaurant. That's where all of the party is. In it's own private room.

The hands are lifted and everyone yells, "Surprise!" There, all of you friends and family surround long tables that are covered by (f/c) tablecloths. A cake sits at the end; as do presents. You smile and your eyes scan the crowd.

"Thank you-" You begin, then someone steps out of the crowd and into the end of the room. He stands up straight and tall. Your mouth hangs open. Your family laughs. You decide not to waste another moment. You run into his arms. "T-Tadashi!" You shout.

"Happy birthday," He whispers.

You're in his arms for a few minutes before you pull away. "What- why- "

"I wanted to surprise you." Tadashi smiles. "Did it work?"

"Yeah," You gasp. "I can't believe-" You shake your head and kiss him. You throw your arms around his shoulder again. You pull away sooner than you'd like, self conscious of your family behind you. "I love you."

"And I love you," He says.

"How long are you staying?" You ask.

"As long as you want me to."

"What?"

He smiles. "You did want to get married, didn't you?"

You grin. "Yes!"

"Well there you go. All of my family will fly in as soon as the wedding is close."

You shake your head. "This is. . . unreal."

Tadashi laughs. He kisses your forehead. "It's real," He whispers. "Now I think you should pay attention to your family, too."

You blush and turn toward your family. They smile. "Thank you, guys. Thank you so much." Tadashi wraps and arm around you and kisses you softly while everyone is sitting down. You're thrilled. You have Tadashi again. He is yours. Forever. You're getting married.

And everything is perfect.