(231): Fighting

Hiro x Reader requested by miasky1hiro. ^-^ I had to throw this together quickly, sorry!

(Unedited).

"Hey, Hiro," You greet softly as you walk into his bedroom.

"Hey," He says from his beanbag. He looks down sadly at his robot.

"How have you been?" You ask.

He looks up at you. "Okay," He says. It's obvious that he's not okay. He hasn't been okay since his brother died. It's been months.

"That's good," You say. Hiro moves over and pats the spot beside him.

"Sit," He says. You sit down beside him. He stares at the floor.

"Um. . . has anything new happened lately?"

"Yeah," Hiro replies. He blinks and looks up at you. "I-I've been thinking about the fire."

You swallow and stay silent. Hiro looks down again.

"And. . . I don't think that it was an accident," He says.

"What are you saying?"

Hiro starts explaining everything. About the microbot and the masked man and all of his theories. He ends it with: "I need to stop him." He stands up.

"Stop him how?" You ask.

"Baymax!" He exclaims. He grins, but the smile doesn't reach his eyes.

"Baymax?" You ask.

"Yeah!"

"Your brother's healthcare robot. What can he do?"

"It's what he is going to do that matters." Hiro picks up a notepad and tosses it to you. "I'm thinking about major upgrades here." He paces back and forth. "Armor, shields - matching suit for me - a rocket fist-"

"Rocket fist?" You ask.

"Yeah! And he'll activate it when I say, 'Baymax, destroy!' and put his other chip in."

You shake your head. "So you're going to kill him."

"No. Maybe. It depends."

"It depends? Hiro that's wrong! That- that's murder!" You stand up. Hiro drops pacing.

"So was Tadashi's death," Hiro insists angrily.

"You don't know that."

"I don't have to. I-I just feel it. I have to end it."

"Ending him isn't going to help," You say softly.

"If you're not going to help me. . . then just. . . get out." Hiro yanks the notepad from your hands.

"Hiro," You protest.

"Go! No one understands!"

"Hiro, I understand that you're depressed and confused and angry. I'm here for you." You reach out to touch his shoulder.

Hiro jerks away. "No. You're not. You never were. You held me back when I could've gone with him."

"Hiro, I couldn't let you. . . I couldn't. . ."

"You couldn't let me go but you could let Tadashi go, huh? That makes sense."

"You know as well as I do that not even we could stop him. No matter what."

"It should've been you," He mutters. His hands are clenched into tight fists.

You take a stagger back like Hiro just punched you in the gut. You nod. "You know, you're not the only one who thinks that. I think it, too. I wish I would've been brave enough. I'm not though. I'm sorry." Your stomach is flipping and your heart is aching. You turn and head for the stairs.

You're outside and walking down the sidewalk. It's pouring. The rain is cold and it stings when it hits your skin. You pull your arms to your chest and start walking with your head down.

Hiro's door opens. He runs out to you. "___- wait-" He grabs your arm. You flinch and yank it away but turn around to face him. "I didn't mean it," He says softly.

"Really? It sounded pretty believable to me." You try to turn away.

"No," He says. "___, I don't wish that it was you."

"You wouldn't of said it then," You say harshly. "You're right. It should've been me. I should've gone. Then you could move on quickly and live a happy life with your family and friends and have a successful career and start a family. It should've been me. But it wasn't. And I'm sorry that you're brother is gone and I'm sorry that I'm here instead and I'm sorry that I can't make everything better and-"

Hiro grabs your shoulders and presses his lips to yours. He pulls back and keeps his forehead against yours. "Stop," He says. "Please. . . just. . . stop talking."

You take in a choking breath. "I'm not done apologizing."

"Yeah. You are. There's not a reason to apologize. It's all my fault. I overreacted. I really didn't mean it. Honestly. I-I just. . ." He pulls away and looks down. "I can't explain it. . . I don't know what to say."

"You miss him. I get it."

"But I need you to listen. I love you, ___. Don't ever think otherwise. You're right. I need to think all of this through. Can you forgive me?"

You hug Hiro. He buries his face in your hair. "There's nothing to forgive." You smile sadly while Hiro cries.