(373): Valentine's Day Memories (Tadashi)

This is just a Tadashi x Reader that I recently thought of. I actually spent a lot of time writing this, so I hope it's okay. I haven't had a good day AT ALL, and I don't know what to do.

I also added a few pictures in the story. I don't know if I'll continue to do this in stories or not, but it's to make up for not having a lot of dialogue.

-
Valentine's Day has always had a special place in your heart. To you, it wasn't just an annoying and made up holiday that made your eyes roll and your whiny teenager 'I'm never going to have a boyfriend' side come out. Valentine's Day was the day you fell in love with Tadashi Hamada.

The two of you had always been friends in college, but something sparked between you both in December of your freshman year. Tadashi was your study partner, and there was something that clicked on your first study meet together. You immediately found yourself dreaming about his dark eyes, his raven hair, and his wide smile that showed off his perfectly white teeth. You never realized that what you felt was actually love. You just brushed it off as admiration.

You figured that it was admiration because you did admire him. He was unusually kind to every soul he met - which is something you could never be to exactly everyone. His humor made you laugh multiple times each day. And his intelligence was extremely high in every way - higher than yours, though you're reluctant to admit. Still, even with those three traits that make him extremely admirable, he's also insanely handsome. Like, with one smile your heart skips a beat, handome.

Still, that isn't what made you realize that you were in love with him

It was on Valentine's Day. You were studying with Tadashi while everyone else was out with their Valentines for dinner. You weren't complaining, though. You were sitting next to him at his kitchen table, a textbook in front of you. Your hand was scribbling with a mind of its own; you were never fond of Biology, and so you were hardly focused. As Tadashi picked up the book and began to read aloud, you absentmindedly twisted and fumbled the pen around your fingers. The pen shot out of your hand as it bounced against the notebook paper, and fell to the ground, right between your chair and his.

Tadashi, being the gentleman he is, bent down to pick it up without a second though. You bent down too just as a reflex. As your fingers touched the ink pen, his did, too. The tips of your fingers brushed against the back of his hand, and there was a jolt of something - not exactly electricity - that shot up your arm and to your head. He must've felt it, too, because you both looked up at each other at once. Your forehead smacked into his.

"Gah," you gasped. Your right hand rubbed the sore spot on your head.

Tadashi was doing the same to his own head. "Jeez, are you okay?"

"Yeah," you whispered. You liftdled your eyes from the floor to his. "Yeah, I think-" You silenced yourself as your (e/c) eyes to his deep brown ones.

There was something about that moment. Something about how his eyes latched onto yours, how they widened in either surprise and amazement, how they were such a rich brown color, just made you realize that you were in love with him.

Everything just came together after that. Tadashi asked you to be his Valentine that night, and the next week you were on your first date with him. He finally admitted that he loved you just five months after that date, although he added that he had felt that way for a long time.

With every kiss, every hug, every 'I love you', you fell deeper in love. It is so incredibly amazing to be loved endlessly by a person. You adore each time he kissed your cheek, touched your hair, took you on a date, held your hand, and asked you to be his Valentine, your life seemed to grow with happiness and completeness.

You two were inseparable, and you still are. Today, you're clutching a bouquet of roses as you stand in the field of grass. The weather is great for February. The sun feels warm on your skin. The breezes blow your hair off of your shoulders.You take a deep breath.

"Happy Valentine's Day, 'Dashi," you announce. With that, you bend down and leave the bouquet on the grass. You press three fingers to your lips and then touch them against the cold surface of the grave. "I miss you a lot." Your fingers trace the words engraved onto the dark stone:

Tadashi Hamada

Beloved Son, Brother, and Nephew

"I'm staying strong," you promise. "I'm trying my best to move on. You're just going to have to be patient with me, Tadashi. You-" Gulping down your sob, you wipe a stray tear away as it slides down your cheek. "You were my entire life. Still are. I do love you, and I will forever and always."

What you would give to see his big brown eyes once more, to feel your hand in his, to feel the soft and perfect feeling of his kisses. Until you see him again, you're spending Valentine's Day at the gravestone.

You lean down and kiss the cold stone carvings of his name. "I love you so much. Happy Valentine's Day, 'Dashi." With that, you stand up, smooth down your dress, and wipe your watering eyes. The wind blows, offering warm touches of air across your face. You close your eyes and imagine them as soft kisses from your Valentine and the love of your life, Tadashi.