(265): You Don't Scare Me

A Hiro x (Water/Ice) Controlling Reader requested by FlareFrozenriverClay. c:

This was a lot better BUT it got deleted so I am deeply sorry this probably sucks.

(Unedited).

You stand on the front porch of one of your friend's house. You stare at your shaking hands. Closing your eyes, you take a deep breath and whisper, "You're going to be fine. If you just remain calm, you'll be fine. It's just a scary movie."

You were whispering to yourself because you were afraid of your power. You could control (Water/Ice). You knew that you weren't stupid enough to hurt anyone. Controlling your power was simple. Unless you were scared.

And the scary movies that Fred picked out were definitely terrifying.

"You can do this," You whisper. You knock on the door. Heathecliffe lets you in and leads you to Fred's bedroom, where your friends are sitting on the couch.

"Hey, ___!" Fred exclaims. "Come on in and sit down. We've got popcorn and pizza!"

You smile. "Hey, guys."

"___!" Hiro says. "I saved you a seat." He pats the space beside him.

"Thanks," You say, sitting down next to your crush. He beams at you.

"So when are we starting the movie?" Honey Lemon asks.

"Right now!" Fred says excitedly. He leaps off of the couch. "Ready guys?"

"Ready," Hiro says. He elbows you. "Are you ready to get scared, ___?"

You smile nervously. "Yeah. I guess so."

Fred turns the movie on and turns the light off. You cross your arms and make your hands into tight fists. When the first jumpscare happens, you jump and close your eyes tightly.

"___? You okay?" Hiro whispers, holding back a laugh.

Calm down. You can control this. "Yeah," You whisper. You open your eyes and smile at him. "I'm fine." You slowly losen your fists and set them on your lap. Another scare happens and you jump again.

Hiro laughs quietly. "It's okay, ___. It's just a movie."

You smile. "I know. It's just. . . scary."

Hiro smiles nervously. "It's okay," He says again. He slowly moves his arm until it rests against your back, holding you close to him. "Are you okay with this?" He whispers.

You giggle and blush. "Yeah." Your heart pounds.

With Hiro so close next to you, you start to relax. Your fists loosen until they're limp in your lap. You're finally at peace when the final jumpscare happens. You yelp as your hands shoot up and the TV, wall, and floor is covered with your power. Everyone jumps and screams. Fred turns the light on.

"___?" Hiro asks, pulling away some. "Was that you?"

You look around in fear. "Look, guys-" You stand up. Your friends step back.

Wasabi stares at your hands. "That's crazy!" He shouts. "I'm out of here!"

Honey Lemon follows. "Right behind you!"

"Guys, please! I-I'm sorry! I won't hurt you! Honestly!" Without a word, Go Go and Fred run behind. The doors shut and you stare at your hands, completely heartbroken. Your friends think you're some kind of monster.

"___," Hiro quietly says.

You slowly turn around and see Hiro, standing a few feet away. You look down, ashamed. "I didn't want anyone to know."

"I understand."

"I knew you all would hate me."

"I don't hate you," He says.

You look up. "But I scare you, huh?"

"No, you don't scare me," He says. He walks towards you. "You're. . . awesome."

You smile "I am?"

"Yeah. And- I don't know, I just -" He pauses and awkwardly scratches the back of his head. "I guess I kind of. . . like you."

"You do?"

"Yeah. A lot."

You smile. "Even now?"

"Especially now," Hiro says, grinning. "I mean, it's so cool! My crush has powers!" He slowly reaches for your hand. "I've always liked you, ___."

"I've always liked you," You say softly.

"That's great! That's so great." He pauses. "So, um. Would you. . . want to go out sometime? Like as more than friends?"

You grin. "Definitely."

Hiro gently squeezes your hand. "Awesome. I'll walk you home." On the way down the hall, Hiro adds. "Oh. Can you tell me all about this power you have?"

You're so thrilled to be accepted with your power. "Sure," You say happily.