(364): Top Of My Game (Older Hiro) (Part Two)

Sorry that I didn't update - Sunday was my sister's birthday & on Monday I went shopping - for bh6 merch and found only one clearance Wasabi action figure because the Zootopia merch has taken over life. On a scale of one to ten, I would rate my excitement for that movie at a two, and I'm probably the biggest Disney fan in the world.

Anyways, here's part two!

-

Hiro ignores the stop sigh as he drives to the hospital. You're in too much pain to even notice. As another wave of pain hits, Hiro blindly searches for your hand and gives it a quick squeeze to reassure you.

"Hiro-" you cry.

"We're almost there," he says nervously as he digs for his cellphone and raises it to his ear. As soon as it picks up, he says, "Aunt Cass, she's in labor. I'm on my way to the hospital - yes, Aunt Cass, I'm entirely stupid and left all of the baby's stuff back at home. No, it's all with us. I just need you to come out to the hospital with the gang. Okay. Love you, too." He hangs up as soon as the hospital comes into view. He quickly pulls in and parks. You shakily reach for your seat belt as Hiro jumps out of the car and runs to your side. He throws open your door and reaches for you; taking your arms and helping you get out.

Another flash of sharp pain hits your swollen abdomen, and you grab your bloated stomach and gasp in pain. Hiro wraps his arm around you and shuts the door, whispering, "It's okay, sweetie. We're almost there-"

"This is not okay," you hiss. "I can't believe you convinced me to have kids." Hiro gulps and stays silent, choosing to just help you inside of the maternity wing.

Once inside, you're swept away on a gurney and wheeled to another room. While they're checking up on the baby, Hiro impatiently waits for Aunt Cass. His heart breaks at the sound of your pained cries during each contraction.

"Hurry up, Aunt Cass," he mutters.

"Hiro!" he suddenly hears her shout from down the hall. He smiles and waves her over. "Is she pushing yet?"

"No," he replies, "not yet, but soon."

She grins and hugs her nephew. "You're going to be a dad!" she whispers excitedly. Hiro's lips curl into a happy smile. "Can I go see her?"

"Of course," he says, stepping into the room. He goes to your bedside and takes your hand. Your eyes flutter open and he strokes your cheek. "Aunt Cass is here."

"Hi, sweetie," Aunt Cass says, stepping up and taking your hand. "Everyone's in the waiting room. We can't wait to meet him!"

Hiro smiles again. By morning, he'll have a son. His family will be even bigger. Hiro raises your hand to his lips and kisses it, imagining just how perfect his family will be.

-
"Look at him," you whisper, slowly pushing the edge of the light blue blanket away so you can look at his perfect face. "He's so beautiful."

"Yeah," Hiro sighs longingly, leaning closer next to you. He brushes his finger gently across his forehead, swiping at the bit of black hair that sticks out of the blanket cocoon.

"And he's ours," you continue, lifting your son closer to your face. You nuzzle your nose against his, receiving a small squeak and a yawn from him in return. His tiny voice makes your heart completely melt. "I love you so much, my sweet Baby (Name)."