(272): Going Away (Part Two)

Sorry I haven't been updating. My fish named Cobra Bubbles died and I'm sad. Okay.

Part two~

(Unedited).

"I just don't get it," Tadashi says. He's laying on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. "Everything was so great. How could it get that bad that quickly?"

Hiro sighs. "I'm sorry, bro. I know you liked her."

"It was more than like, Hiro," He whispers. "I loved her."

Hiro frowns. "Hey, why don't you go talk to her?"

"I-I can't. It'd be too hard for both of us. It's better if I just . . . stop." He turns over and faces the wall. "I'm tired. Night."

Hiro shrugs. "Night."

-

It's your last day in San Fransokyo. And, it's your Going Away Party. Honey Lemon planned the whole thing. All of your friends show up, and you're beyond thrilled to be surrounded by all of your friends for one last time.

Only Tadashi isn't here.

Aunt Cass told you that it was just too hard for him. You smiled and nodded, saying that you understood.

But you really didn't understand. It's not like you weren't having a hard time. You love Tadashi and you know that you'll probably never be with him again. It's the most difficult thing to do. And he doesn't want to see you one last time? Even if the two of you were just friends?

You try to forget about Tadashi and enjoy the rest of the party. You eat the food that was brought, you open up "going away" gifts, you smile. You make yourself look as if you're carefree and happy. It's kind of hard when the seat next to you at the table is empty.

-

That night, you finish up packing. You pile your cardboard boxes full of stuff on top of each other. You're blinking tears away the entire time. Suddenly, there's a knock. You run to the door and open it.

Tadashi stands there in his pajamas.

"Tadashi. What are you doing? It's late."

"___, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry that I didn't come to your party and I haven't called you or made an effort to see you. I'm sorry that I'm the worst ever. I know that it was stupid and selfish of me to completely leave you behind when you're going through this transition. I'm sorry-"

You silence him by reaching up and kissing him. His hands automatically wrap around you. You pull away. "It's fine. I love you."

"I love you, too," He says. "But I thought we broke up."

You cover his mouth with your hand. "Shh! Don't remind me. Let's go on one last date. Okay?"

You drop your hand and Tadashi smiles. "We can't really go anywhere. I'm kind of in my pajamas."

You shrug. "I have leftover cake. We can watch movies."

"Sounds good to me," He says. He kisses you again.