(271): I Want To Remember (Part Two)

Part two~

(Unedited).

Hiro is sitting in the waiting room, knees pulled up to his chest. He's been in the hospital for a few hours. No one has decided to visit. He's been alone.

Hiro's eyes are wide with terror, his legs bouncing up and down. What if you don't make it? He promised you that you wouldn't get hurt. You trusted him and he lied. And what makes him feel worse is that he knew something was wrong.

Hiro buries his face in his arms. "I didn't know it would be this bad," He whispers. "I didn't!"

"Hiro," Aunt Cass says.

Hiro lifts his head. "Is she okay?"

"Yeah," She says. She takes a seat beside her nephew. "The doctor is talking with her right now."

Hiro nods.

"Hiro, what were you thinking?" Aunt Cass asks angrily. "What were you two doing that would cause that much damage?"

"We were just. . . messing around with robots and stuff," Hiro says.

Aunt Cass shakes her head. "Hiro, this was dangerous and irresponsible. I am so, so disappointed with you."

"I know, and I'm sorry."

"Don't say sorry to me. Say sorry to her." She nods towards the doors. Hiro stands, but is held back when Aunt Cass grabs his arm. He looks over at her. "You are grounded. For a long time. Say goodbye to hanging with your friends and building your robots. You are going to rebuild the garage and spend your time offering to take care of ___ when she is out of here. Understand?" Hiro nods. Aunt Cass releases him. "Okay. Go on."

Hiro hurriedly walks to your hospital room. When he steps inside, he sees you looking at the ceiling. Your eyes are blank.

"___," He says. "___, I'm so glad you're okay!" He sits in the chair at your bedside. "How are you feeling?"

You stare up at him. "I'm fine," You say.

"Good." He smiles. "I just wanted to apologize. I was being stupid and careless and I'm really sorry-"

"Who are you?" You interrupt.

Hiro blinks. "I'm H-Hiro."

You shake your head. "I don't. . . know a Hiro."

"What? Yes you do! I've been your friend for years."

"I. . . don't."

Hiro sits back. "You don't remember me," He states.

You frown. "I-I'm sorry. I don't remember anything. I don't remember how I got here. . ."

Hiro stands. "That's alright. You'll remember soon. And you'll see that we're best friends."

"Okay," You say. "Thanks."

"No problem," He says. He stands there awkwardly. "I'll. . . see you later then."

You nod. Hiro sighs and walks out of the room. When he gets back to the waiting room, Aunt Cass immediately knows that something is wrong.

"What happened?" She asks. She sets down her magazine.

"She doesn't remember anything," He says quietly. "Not me. . . not a-anything."

Unsure of exactly what to do, Aunt Cass pulls Hiro into a hug. "I'm going to talk to the doctor. You can go wait in the car. It'll all work out in the end. You'll see." She pulls away and smiles encouragingly.

Hiro forces a smile. "Yeah. I guess so." Hiro walks out of the hospital, a million things on his mind.

This is my fault.