(296): Daughter's Day (Tadashi)

Tadashi x Reader (with 'Dashi baby!) for late Daughter's Day~

(Unedited).

You're sitting on your sofa with your two year old daughter, (Name) on your lap. You're gently pulling a brush through her long raven hair as she watches her morning cartoons. She holds her pink bear in her arms and her toy robot that Uncle Hiro gave her for her first birthday.

You look up from your daughter's hair when you see your husband, Tadashi, emerge from his office. You raise your eyebrows at him, noticing his ruffled hair and paled face. He's stressed. You confirm this as he runs a hand through his hair, continuing to ruffle it up.

He disappears into the kitchen for a few moments and reappears. You sigh, "What's wrong, Tadashi?"

"I still have yet to get Baymax into that hospital. He still has some work to be done and the deadline for it is coming up quickly." He sips his coffee. "I just want people to be helped, but without Baymax getting accepted, I can't do anything."

You frown at him. He works so hard at what he does, and every time he's stressed, it weighs down on your shoulders. "Come here," you say, reaching your hand out for his. He offers you a small smile and crosses the room, taking your hand and sitting next to you on the couch. "Everything is going to be okay."

He nods and leans down to kiss the top of your head. Your daughter giggles at the show and claps her hands. Tadashi looks down at her proudly before sliding down to the floor. He kneels down in front of you, resting his chin on your knees.

"Morning, Daddy," your daughter says in her small voice.

"Good morning, sweetie," he replies with so much love and admiration in his voice that it melts your heart. "Are you watching cartoons with Mommy?"

She nods and turns her attention to the screen again.

"You know," you say, running a hand through her black hair, "I read somewhere that today is Daughter's Day."

"Daughter's Day, huh?" Tadashi asks. He scoops your daughter up into his arms. She erupts into a fit of giggles and her tiny fists grip onto his white d shirt. "Looks like we're going to have to do something special, huh?" He smiles at (Name), and she leans forward to touch her nose against his. She shakes her head slightly and Tadashi laughs. "Where do you want to go?"

"Everywhere!" She exclaims, throwing her hands up.

Tadashi laughs again. "Everywhere?" She nods. "Unbelievable."

"We can settle for the pizza restaurant down the road," you offer. "She really likes the pasta they have."

-

"More cheese, Daddy! More cheese!" Your daughter orders, her grin growing on her sauce covered face.

"Okay, but this is it. No more after this." He grabs the shaker of parmesan cheese and tilts it over his daughter's small spaghetti plate. You laugh as she digs in happily. "You are too stinking cute, kid."

"Thanks, Daddy," she replies, as if she knows this already.

"Hey, guys! Sorry we're late," you turn your head and see Aunt Cass and Hiro. Aunt Cass slides into the booth next to you and Hiro slides in next to his brother. "The traffic is terrible today, isn't it?"

"Uncle Hiro!" Your daughter exclaims.

"Hey, (Name)!" He responds. "Have you built any robots yet?"

She nods and holds up five fingers. "Yup! Three of 'em!"

"Three, huh?" Hiro nods, his smile growing. He adores his little niece. He was disappointed when he found out that he wasn't going to be the uncle to a nephew, but as soon as (Name) opened her big brown eyes and gripped her tiny hand around Hiro's finger, he fell in love. They've been inseparable since her birth. "If you keep it up, you might just end up being an even bigger nerd than your dad is."

Tadashi elbows his brother and rolls his eyes.

"Daddy and I are going to build a thousand Baymax helpers together," she says sweetly, "and they're all goin' to go into hospitals and help people when they feel sick. Daddy is very smart."

Tadashi smiles and leans over. "(Name), you are the wisest two year old I've ever met. You're beautiful like your Mommy and kind like your Aunt Cass." He kisses her head. "You are the best daughter I could've ever asked for."