(267): New House

A Fred x Reader that I thought of~

(Unedited).

Ever since you married Fred, the two of you have stayed in the family mansion. Fred's parents are always at the family island. At first, staying in the mansion was fun. There's lots of space and gorgeous rooms. But with only the two of you, and Heathecliffe, it's too much. You rarely see your husband and it's easy to get lost.

You're sitting on the couch in one of the many living rooms, staring at the ceiling. Would Fred want to move? Probably not. This is his home. He's spent all of his life in this mansion. You sigh.

"There you are," You hear Fred say. He walks in and sits beside you. "I've been looking all over for you. What are you doing in here?"

You shrug.

"Is something wrong?" He asks.

"No," You say reassuringly. "I kind of got lost." You smile.

Fred laughs. "You got lost?"

"Yes!" You exclaim. "Ugh, it's so hard to find my way around! Freddie, we've lived here for almost a year now and I still can't figure out where the dining room is."

Fred sighs. "So you want to move?"

"I don't want to do anything that makes you unhappy," You say softly. You take his hand. "I just think that our family of two isn't meant for a house like this."

"I've thought about it, too," He says. "You're right. We should find somewhere smaller to live. And if we happen to have a big family one day, we'll move back here."

"It won't make you sad? Moving out?"

He shakes his head. "Why would it make me sad?"

"Because you grew up here," You say.

"As long as I'm with my family, I'm happy." He kisses your cheek. "And you're my family."

-

Two months later, Fred walks into the bedroom as you make your bed. "___!" He says. "You know how we've been looking everywhere for the perfect home?"

"Yeah," You say. "Still no luck?"

"Not exactly," He says. "I've been thinking about just hiring someone to build our home."

You smile. "That's a great idea."

"That way it'll be perfect for a family of two. And there will be enough room for three or four." He pauses.

You walk over to Fred and wrap your arms around his waist. "I love you."

"I love you," He says. He presses his lips to yours.

-

Over the last year and a half, Fred and his parents have worked together to get the house built. You haven't seen any of it. Fred wants it to be a surprise for an early anniversary gift.

Finally, Fred gets the call that it is totally finished. Heathecliffe drives you and Fred to the house.

"Why can't I look?" You ask. Fred's been covering your eyes the whole time.

"Because it's a surprise!" He exclaims.

"Okay," You say. You're seriously excited.

"We're here," Fred says, keeping his hands over your eyes. "Promise me something?"

"Okay?"

"Don't look. Keep your eyes closed."

"I won't open my eyes. Promise."

"Okay," He says. He removes his hands. He opens the door and help you out of the limo. Arm around your waist, he leads you up the driveway and onto the yard. "Ready?"

"Ready," You say.

"Open your eyes!"

You open your eyes and gasp. Standing before you is the house you've always wanted.

"Three bedrooms," Fred says. "One kitchen, two bathrooms, one dining room. And a comic book room for my comics. Do you like it?"

"Aw, Freddie," You breathe. "It's perfect. Can we look inside?"

"Definitely," He says. "Mom ordered the furniture. She didn't trust me to do it."

"Remind me to thank your mom," You say, laughing.

Fred rolls his eyes. He opens the front door. It doesn't take that long to view the house. "The two extra bedrooms are currently empty, so there's not really a reason to tour them," Fred tells you. "So. . . you like it, right?"

"I love it," You say. "You did a wonderful job, Freddie. Thank you." You kiss him.

"Perfect for a family of two, right?" He asks.

You nod. "Actually. . . three."

Fred smiles. "What do you mean?"

"Well, soon enough we'll have three." You pause. "Have you looked at the extra bedrooms yet?"

"No," He says, obviously confused. "Mom said that they were empty."

"Let's check them out," You suggest.

"What? Why?"

"Just come on!" You laugh and pull him behind you. You open up the bedroom door that's closest to your room. Inside, a white crib sits in the center. Shelves line the walls, a dresser and a toy box are in the corner.

"But. . . this was empty," Fred says.

"I didn't want to tell you until all of this was done. And I figured it would be a nice surprise. I called your mom last week. I told her to add some furniture in here for her grandchild." You smile. "I'm expecting."

Fred turns to you and pulls you into a tight hug. "This is great! I can't believe it- I'm going to be a dad! We're going to be parents!"

"I know!" You exclaim. You kiss him. "Happy anniversary, Freddie."