(234): Changing & Forgiving (Part One)

Hiro x Reader requested by tweetie181. ^-^

I had to divide this up. I'm super tired. ·~·

(Unedited).

"Honey Lemon?" Hiro calls from the hall.

"Oh, hey!" She greets as cheerfully as ever. She grabs his arm and yanks him in her lab. "Did you need something?"

"Uh. . . yeah. Advice, I guess."

"Oh." Honey Lemon's expression becomes serious. She pulls out two stools and sits on one. "Talk to me."

"So I've been thinking about ___," He says. Hiro takes a seat.

Honey Lemon's eyes widen. She nods Hiro on.

Hiro takes a deep breath. He's been holding this secret for a while. "I think that I like her."

She squeals with delight. "This is great!" She exclaims.

"H-How do I know if she likes me back, though?"

"You don't," Honey Lemon says. Hiro frowns. "That's why you should tell her!"

"I-I can't! What if she doesn't like me back?" He looks down. "What if she does?"

"You'll never know unless you ask," Honey Lemon says softly. She touches Hiro's shoulder.

Hiro gives her a small, nervous smile.

"Hey, Honey. I brought that beaker that I borrowed-" You stop when you see Hiro. You smile. "Oh. Hey, Hiro."

"H-Hey," He says. He stands up and knocks his stool over. You wince when it clatters to the floor. He bends down to get the stool and then crosses his arms. His cheeks are burning with blush.

You giggle and hand the beaker to Honey Lemon. "Thank you," She says.

"Uh-huh," You hum.

"So," Hiro says. "What are you working on?" He clears his throat and awkwardly leans against Honey Lemon's lab table.

"A surprise," You say with a smirk. "Kidding. You can come check it out. It's just a little chemistry experiment."

"Okay. That sounds really cool." Hiro follows you to your lab. You show him your experiment. "Wow. You're really great at this stuff. This is amazing."

"Thanks," You say, blushing. "It's a lot of work."

Hiro smiles.

"So. What were you and Honey talking about earlier?" You ask.

Hiro swallows. "Nothing."

"You can't tell me?" You pout.

Hiro blinks. "I-I don't know what you'd say," He says quietly.

"Then tell me and find out," You say seriously. "It can't be that bad."

"It might be."

"Hiro," You urge. "Please?"

Hiro waits a minute before he speaks again. "Okay. Well, we've been hanging out for a while. . .  and. . .  I just. . . I kinda- uh - I like, like you." Hiro smacks his forehead. "That sounds lame."

You're frozen. Awkward silence follows. "Oh. Um, no, that doesn't sound lame. That's really sweet, Hiro." You give him a small smile. "I really appreciate it. But I just think of us more as friends, you know?"

Hiro's face goes from hopeful to heartbroken in just a sudden you moment. "Oh. Right. Yeah. I-I get it." He nods.

You sigh. You can't stand to see him hurt like this. "Hiro. . ."

"I-It was stupid of me to even consider. I'll just go. Um. . . sorry." Hiro turns away and leaves without another word. He doesn't know how he'll face you another time. His cheeks burn, his heart aches and pounds, his stomach clenches. You turned him down.

Hiro walks by Honey Lemon's lab on the way out. "How'd it go?" She asks excitedly. Hiro doesn't reply. He keeps his head down. "Hiro?" She asks. She looks down the hall towards your lab and sees you in your lab, a big frown on your face. What did you just do?