(278): Halloween Movie Night (Hiro)

I'm actually updating! For the next few updates, I'll only be writing Halloween themed stories. Halloween is definitely my favorite holiday, and I honestly can't express my love for it enough.

(Unedited).

"So what are we watching today, Hiro?" You ask your boyfriend as you follow him into the living room.

"How about. . . these?" He holds up a couple of DVDs. You take them from his hands.

Your eyes skim the dark, creepy cover on the case. "But it's only September," You say.

"And?" He asks, yanking the movies from your hands. "Horror movies are great for any time of the year!"

"I guess so," You say.

"What, are we scared?" Hiro asks, rolling his eyes.

"No," You say defensively. "I'm not."

"Uh-huh. . ." He smirks.

"Oh, just put the dumb movie in, Hamada." You drop down on the couch and cross your arms.

Hiro turns the movie on and sits down beside you. He reaches over and turns the lamp off. You settle into the sofa. Hiro moves closer to you until his shoulder is pressed against yours. He takes your hand.

Sometime through the movie, you hear a creaking sound from behind you. You jump and turn your head. The living room is pitch black. "Did you hear that?" You ask Hiro.

"Hear what?" He asks. "___, you're just paranoid."

You bite your lip. "Yeah, guess you're right," You say, turning your attention back to the movie.

But just a few moments later, another small creaking sound scares you. You turn your head and look around again, but this time, Hiro does, too.

"Didn't you hear it?" You whisper.

"Yeah," He whispers back. "Don't worry about it. It's probably just the surround sound or something." You nod and turn back to the screen. Hiro looks around the room once more and then slowly wraps his arm around your shoulders, pulling you close.

When the movie is at it's scariest scene, you're totally on edge. You keep your hand against your mouth and your eyes squinted. But it's not the final jumpscare that makes you leap off of the couch and scream. It's the sound of glass hitting the hardwood floor and smashing into a million pieces. Hiro screams, too, and jumps off with you. He wraps his arms around you and backs up into the wall.

"What is it? What is it?" Aunt Cass says, running into the living room. She flips the light on.

"Mochi!" Hiro shouts, staring down at the fat cat that is sitting beside one of Cass's decorative vases. "You darn cat!"

Tadashi walks in and peers into the room. He sees how Hiro's arms are wrapped around you, how his face is red and his eyes are wide, and he can't help but laugh. "Wow, Hiro."

You look over at him and smile. "Scared, huh?"

"What?" Hiro says, stepping away. "What? No. . . I'm not scared. He's just a cat."

Aunt Cass rolls her eyes. "Clean this up, please. And no more scary movies." She walks out.

"Aunt Cass!" Hiro exclaims.

Tadashi throws his head back and laughs so hard that he has to brace himself against the wall. "Maybe you can try to watch them when you're a little bit older, huh?"

Aunt Cass comes back and hands Hiro the broom and dustpan. She smiles. "Sorry, kiddo."

Hiro turns red and drops to the floor to pick up the glass. You smile, and when everyone is gone, drop down to help Hiro. You grab his face and press your lips against his.

"Why'd you do that?" He asks when you pull away.

"Because you're cute," You reply. "And you were brave. Even though it was just a cat and you were probably going to sacrifice me so you can live-"

"I was not," He says. He laughs. "I was so going to protect you."

"Uh-huh," You say. "Sure."

"I was!" He says.

You kiss him again. "Well then, thank you." You sweep up the rest of the glass and then grab your jacket off of the back of the couch. "I need to go home. Hopefully we can watch another scary movie together. . . you know, before we're forty."

"Ugh. Okay."

"I'm kidding, Hamada. Kidding. I'm sure Cass will forget about this whole thing." You kiss his cheek and walk out.

Send in your Halloween themed Big Hero 6 requests! I'll get as many in as possible!