(318): Costume Shopping (Tadashi)

Tadashi x Reader to celebrate more Halloween. I also attached a picture of myself in my costume because I didn't have a picture to attach & I actually like my costume this year. I'm Minnie Mouse, obvs.

~

(Unedited).

"Tadashi?" you call out as you walk towards the garage. You've just pulled up in front of Tadashi's aunt's house, where you normally spend your time with the family.

"I'm out here," he answers. You step inside and smile at your best friend. He's working on his mo-ped. His cardigan is slung over his shoulder, his hair messy under his cap. He flashes a dazzling smile that warms your heart. "Hey. What are you doing here?"

"Halloween is in a week and we still don't have costumes for Honey's party," you say. "We've got to look awesome and all of the good costumes are probably gone." You hold your car keys up and spin the key ring around your finger. "So let's get going."

"I can't leave now," he says, "I need to fix this before class tomorrow." You roll your eyes. He never liked going costume shopping with you, even when you two were kids. He believed that you took too long to find the right costumes, and that you both were too old for things like this.

"Come on, Tadashi," you whine impatiently. "Please? If you can't get it fixed in time, I'll drive you to school. Deal?"

Tadashi sighs and drops his wrench. "Alright. Fine. But it better not take long."

"Relax, you big baby," you say, sticking your tongue out at him. "We'll be in and out." He rolls his eyes and playfully shoves you forward. You laugh at your friend, completely oblivious to the blushing smile of admiration that he gave you.

Down at the local Halloween store, you're checking out the aisle of decorations. Tadashi walks slowly behind you, his hands shoved in his pockets. You pick up a wax skull candle and admire it. Tadashi takes it from your hands. You shoot him a confused look.

"You said that this wouldn't take long," he reminds you. He places it back on the shelf.

"You just hate to have fun, don't you?" you ask, rolling your eyes.

"What? I have fun. I have loads of fun!" he defends. You walk ahead to the costume aisle.

"Uh-huh. Sure."

"I do!"

"Okay." Your eyes scan the wall of costumes. You take one off of the rack. A Prince Charming costume. You smile and hand it to Tadashi. "You need this one."

"Prince Charming?" Tadashi asks in disbelief. "Why?"

"Have you looked at yourself, 'Dashi? Total prince material," you state before looking at the row of female costumes.

Tadashi smiles and reaches up over your head. He snatches a costume; a light blue gown with all of the accessories. He looks back at you and admires the way your (h/c) hair cascades perfectly down your shoulders, how your eyelashes cast shadows against your cheeks. He pictures you in the princess gown, your arm hooked with his. He quickly braves himself to speak. "If I'm the prince, then you should be the princess."

You look up at him and swallow. "Why?"

Tadashi smiles. All of his nervousness disappears. "Have you looked at yourself, ___? Total princess material."

You blush and bite your lip. "Are you flirting with me, Tadashi?" you ask breathlessly.

He smiles. "Yeah. Is it working?" Your lips pull up into a grin. You grab his hand and lace your fingers with his. You begin to pull him to the cash register. "What are we doing?"

"We're paying for these," you say, "and then I'm going to kiss you when we get out of here."