(378): First Snow (Tadashi)

Not sure if I'll be able to update tomorrow because I'll be going to Winter Jam, so I made this a bit longer than usual and I'll probably be updating Who We Are twice tomorrow.

also wow I love Tadashi Hamada SO MUCH ok

-

You pour the hot water out of the teapot and into Tadashi's favorite mug. He sits at the kitchen table, cutting up pieces of scrambled eggs and biscuits.

"Sweetie, your food is going to get cold," Tadashi warns.

"I'm pouring your tea," you say. You bring the cup of breakfast tea to the table and put it next to Tadashi's seat. He smiles, leans over and kisses your cheek, and then takes his seat once again.

"Thank you, ___," you husband says. "This looks amazing!"

"Thanks," you reply, taking your own seat. Tadashi takes a bite of his eggs. "Is it good?" He nods. "Awesome."

"Even (Name) like the eggs," Tadashi muses, leaning over to his small one year old daughter. "Don't you baby girl?"

She squeals in delight as she holds up her hands and claps. Tadashi scoops up some scrambled eggs from her pink plate and holds up the fork. As she chews, she squeals, "More!"

You laugh. "So, any plans for today?"

Tadashi shakes his head. "Not unless you have plans."

"No plans today," you answer. Tadashi hands you the plate of sausage links on the table. You grimace and turn away. "Tadashi-"

"Right. Sorry, love. Feeling sick again?"

"Kind of," you admit.

Tadashi sighs and pats the faint bump of your stomach. You're four months pregnant with your second baby. "I'll get you some Lucky Charms instead, okay?"

You smile and sigh. "Thank you. I love you."

He smirks and gives you a peck on the lips. "I love you, too."

As soon as he gets up and takes a bowl out of the cupboard, his cellphone rings.

"I'll get it," you say, running to the living room. Tadashi's phone is on the coffee table. You grab it and answer. "Hello?"

"Tadashi, did you look outside?" Hiro's voice blares through the speaker. "It's - wait. ___?"

"Yeah. Tadashi's making breakfast. What did you need?"

"Oh," he replies. "Nothing, I just wanted to tell him that it's snowing out."

Your mouth widens into a grin. "It is?"

"Yeah! Look outside, it's crazy!"

You run to the window. The entire yard is covered in a thick covering of white. You gasp in delight. It hasn't snowed in San Fransokyo at all this winter, nor last winter. Fat snowflakes are slowly dancing to the ground. "It is! Wait - you weren't planning on coming over here in this, were you?"

"Yeah," he says. "Why?"

"Hiro-!"

"Look, you're talking to an ex bot fighter and San Fransokyo's greatest superhero," he replies pridefully, before lowly adding, "Don't tell Tadashi. I'll see you later. Bye."

"But-" The line goes silent. You sigh and shrug. "Okay."

Tadashi walks into the living room, (Name) in his arms. "Something wrong, sweetie?"

You look up and grin. "No, but did you look out the window?" He shakes his head. You tug the curtains open and turn to your husband. "Look, it's snowing!"