(279): Pranks (Fred)

Fred x Reader requested by Equilibrium_Soul. I figured that Fred would be the one to actually pull pranks like this.

(Unedited).

"Fred, I don't know. . ."

"Come on, ___! It'll be awesome! A weekend away at the family island, just the seven of us. We've been working so hard at fighting crime. Don't we deserve a break?" Fred asks.

You sigh and grab your backpack. Fred pouts and widens his eyes, making a begging face. You smile and look down as your cheeks heat up. You've had a crush on him for a long time. "Yeah. I guess we do."

"Awesome!" He says. "Meet us at my place tomorrow at eight. Heathecliffe is flying us there in the family chopper."

"Okay," You say. You slowly start walking away. "I'll see you tomorrow, then."

"See you," He says as he watches you walk away.

-

"Come on, ___, hurry up!" Go Go shouts as she yanks one of your bags from your hand.

You sigh and force your legs to take bigger steps towards the helicopter. When you reach the helicopter, you struggle to climb up. Fred leans over and holds his hand out to you. You smile and take it.

"Glad you could make it," He says, pulling you up.

"Yeah," You say, making your way to your seat by the window. You place your headphones over your ears and sit back.

Fred takes his seat by Honey Lemon, the furthest one from you. Honey Lemon leans over to Fred's ear as he is putting his headphones on.

"Freddie," she whispers, "don't you think this is a little cruel?"

"Relax," He says. "It's just a little joke. Besides, she's pretty new to our group. New people always have to go through some kind of prank. You know, to further prove the loyalty."

Honey Lemon nods. She tries to make herself feel better about it, but every time she looks over at you, she feels guilt.

And the trip hasn't even started.

-

"Welcome to Casa de Fred!" He says as everyone climbs out of the helicopter. "Just kidding. This is my dad's house. Anyways, make yourselves at home. Everyone can have their own rooms. They're all on the second floor."

"Wow," You say. "This is nice."

"It's even nicer inside," He says. He hops onto the porch step and pushes the door open. "Go ahead and find your rooms." He walks to the light switch and flips it. The lights flicker, but the room is pitch black. "Huh. Guess we don't have power. No worries!"

Fred hands out electric candles. You take yours and slowly make your way upstairs. You find a bedroom and set the candle down on the dresser. You open your bag and start putting your clothes in the drawers.

"___," Hiro says at the doorway.

"Yeah?" You ask, squinting to see him.

"Fred's putting a couple of pizzas in the oven. While they cook, we're going to play a card game. Coming?"

"Yeah, I'll be down. Just give me a few minutes."

"Okay," He says. He closes the door and you're alone again. A few minutes after you're alone, there's a loud bang from downstairs. You jump. Suddenly, your candle goes out. You swallow and slowly stand up. There's a loud scream, and you jump again. You slowly open your door and step out.