(248): I Won't Let Anyone Hurt You (Part Two)

Part two~

(Unedited).

The next day, everything goes by smoothly. No one calls you names in the hallway or leaves you notes in your lab. Tadashi is in a great mood because you're in a great mood.

"We should go out for ice cream or something," Tadashi says.

"What's the occasion?" You ask with a smile.

"Does there have to be an occasion?" Tadashi asks.

You laugh. "I guess not."

"Okay. Then let's - wait. Hang on." Tadashi pats his pockets. He sighs. "I forgot my wallet in my lab."

"Go get it. I have to go to my locker and get my bag."

"Okay. I'll meet you at your locker then."

You smile. "Okay."

Tadashi stares at you for a moment. He's grinning and his cheeks are a bright red. He looks down and walks away.

You walk to your locker, a smile still on your face. The hallway is almost empty. You open the locker door and grab your bag. You shut the locker door and jump. Someone is standing there. The guy from yesterday. The one that touched your hair.

"W-What do you want?" You ask.

"Going somewhere?" He asks. He reaches for you.

You take a step back. "Don't touch me!" You exclaim. The guy reaches for you again. You stagger back and hit something. Someone. Their hands grab your wrists and twist them behind you. You cry out in pain and try to move out of their grasp. The one who touched your hair places a hand over your mouth.

"Your boyfriend isn't here to save you now, is he?" He laughs.

"That's too bad," The other whispers in your ear.

"Into the closet," He whispers to the other. You scream against his hand as you're dragged. You hear the door open and you're shoved in. You try to stand back up and hands hit your head against the concrete wall. Everything turns blurry and then goes black.

~

"___?" A voice says. It sounds so distant. "___? Where are you at?"

You slowly open your eyes. Tadashi. You slowly sit up. You hand hits the wall. It's pitch black in here. You keep sliding your hand around until you find the wooden door. You grab the doorknob and twist it. It's locked.

"___?" He calls again.

"Tadashi!" You scream. Your head throbs. "Tadashi! I'm in here!" You slam your hands against the door. "Tadashi!"

"___!" Tadashi runs to the closet door. He pulls it open. You fall out into his arms. He holds you against him. You're crying. "It's okay. It's okay. I'm here. I'm here now." He pulls away. "What happened?"

You take a deep breath and close your eyes.

"___. I've been running around for an hour trying to find you. What happened?" Tadashi shakes your shoulders and looks into your eyes.

"Those guys .  .  . they. . . they grabbed me and dragged me into the closet. They hit my head against the wall and I blacked out."

Tadashi immediately checks your head. "Where?"

You point to the back. "Here."

Tadashi's face is serious. "It's bruised. Badly. You need ice."

"I'm okay," You whisper.

"No. No, ___, you're not. You need to stop pushing these things away like they're nothing. This is a big deal. Now go to my lab. In the freezer I have ice packs. There's pain killers in my cabinet. Take a seat and relax." Tadashi stands and turns away.

"What are you doing?" You ask. You stagger after him.

"I'm going to go find those guys," He says.

"No, you can't!" You grab his arm and pull him to a stop.

"They hurt you," He says.

"Tadashi-"

He stops. The anger in his eyes melts away into sadness. "For three years I've promised to keep you safe. I told you that I wouldn't let anyone hurt you." He takes your hands and looks down. "I-I didn't keep my promise."

You throw your arms around Tadashi. "Tadashi, you've stayed with me for three years. You've never left my side for long. You could've been like everyone else, but you decided to put up with me. I'm so grateful for that."

"I never wanted to be like anyone else. I never wanted to hurt you. And I hardly 'put up' with you. You're a great person, ___. And I am so grateful to have you in my life."

You pull back and look up at Tadashi. He smiles sweetly. You find yourself leaning in at the same time he does. Just as your lips are about to touch his, Tadashi pulls away a little.

"You're not going to go find them," You whisper.

Tadashi sighs. "I have to."

"No. No. You don't."

"They hurt you," He whispers. His voice breaks. "And you don't know how much you really mean to me."

"I do. Because you mean even more to me. I don't want you to get hurt because you're angry that I couldn't protect myself-"

"Don't. Don't blame yourself. They shouldn't treat you like that, ___. No one should." Tadashi leans in again.

"Think she's still in there?" A voice booms.

You jump. Tadashi's face hardens. He turns around and takes a step forward.

"Probably," The other says. "Not like anyone cares enough about her. They probably won't ever get her out."

They both laugh. As soon as they turn the corner, Tadashi lunges forward. His fist connects with the one who touched your hair's mouth. The guy shouts. You watch in shock. He shoves both of them against the wall.

"Get off!" They scream.

"What makes you think that no one cares about her?" He asks through clenched teeth. "What gave you the idea that you should even go near her?"

"Whoa, dude- we- we didn't think that you actually cared-"

"And that should matter? You shouldn't treat anyone like that. No one." Tadashi reaches out and clamps his hands down on their shoulders. They both gasp in pain. "Especially her."

"Hey, man! Watch it!"

"I don't want to ever see the two of you near her again. Ever." Tadashi's eyes burn with more anger than ever. "Do you understand?"

"Sure, man- whatever-"

Tadashi tightens his grip. "Do you understand? You are not to come near her. If you do-"

"Yes! Okay? Yeah, we get it!"

"Good." Tadashi shoves the two of them forward. He pushes them further until they stumble into the closet. He locks it behind them.

"Wow, 'Dashi," You say. "I never knew that you could get so. . . angry." You laugh nervously.

Tadashi smiles. He takes your hand. "Shows how much you really mean to me." He touches his forehead to yours. "I love you so much."

You grin. "I love you, too."

Tadashi pulls you into his arms and slowly leans in. You reach up and your lips find his. You wrap your arms around his neck and pull yourself against him. Tadashi's hands press on your back, holding you against him. He pulls away a little. Both of you are breathless.

"___?" He breathes.

"Yeah?"

"I won't let anyone hurt you again," He whispers.

"I know." You smile and kiss him again.