42 Forty Two

After a couple minutes we get bored and start playing a game until Hades gets home. He gives me a kiss and then he turns to Karma.
Ha-How are things going? Did she behave well?
He nods and we laugh a bit until the oven beeps that the cupcakes are ready to eat and we all look at them. Hades gets them and he looks at them and then at us again smiling.
Ha-Really? Cupcakes?
Ka-I made them. Only what I could do. Mom got them in the oven.
Ha-Let's see how they taste.
He takes one and bites down. He tastes it cautiously and then he looks at us smiling and I ask.
-Well? How is it?
Ha-Is delicious. What's in it?
-Does it matter?
Ha-Not really. It looks like he will bake just as good as you do.
-Hear that baby? You can be a great cook someday.
Ka-It can't be that good.
His words are interrupted by a couple yawns and I give him a kiss and shush him away. Hades gets him up and smiles at him.
Ha-Let's get you to bed, is well past your bedtime.
Ka-But, I still have to take care of mom. Besides, I'm not......sleepy.
-I'll be fine, go sleep.
Ha-Don't worry, I'll take care of her while you sleep.
Ka-Promise?
Ha-You have my word.
Ka-Cross your heart and hope to die?
Ha-Yes.
Ka-Say the words and do it.
Ha-Cross my heart and hope to die. I promise I'll take care of her while you sleep. Now will you sleep?
Karma nods and Hades gets him to his room to sleep. When he comes back he takes another cupcake.
-Isn't he a sweetheart?
Ha-He feels guilty for what happened to you.
-I wish he wouldn't. It's not his fault that I got hurt. I could have avoided it but I guess I was too slow getting my shield up.
Ha-He loves you dearly.
Time passes and I heal nicely thanks to my family taking care of me. The first thing I do when I get home from the hospital is cook. They try to help me but I push them out of the kitchen and stay alone.
-Stay there.
They laugh and I get back at the kitchen to cook. When the food's ready I get them their respective dishes and I sit with them around the table. We eat and crack jokes at everyone and everything. Karma and Nova are back to being the united twins that go with each other everywhere and share everything. After we finish eating Karai decides is a good idea to play monopoly. We all join in and start playing and we get almost the same amount of properties in the game.
N-Aww, I got another prison turn.
Ka-Aww, I'll exchange something with you later if I get it.
They hug each other and I take my turn and roll the dice. We play the rest of the night until we can't keep playing anymore.

Five years later
I wait outside the school were we got Karma and Nova in for them to get out. When I see them they have their heads down shamefully and a teacher is escorting them. They stop in front of me and they hide behind their teacher from me and I ask.
-What did they do?
Teacher-They thought it was a good idea to put a lot of venomous snakes on the bathrooms. They also put a fake rat on the teacher's purse and got a lot of spiders on the closet of utensils.
The kids laugh and I throw them a look that quiets them down. I look at the teacher as I take their hands.
-They will think of what they did very deeply and I will have a long chat with them.
She nods and I take them. I let them do as they please all the way back home and when we get home they enter the house running and playing with each other and as soon as I close the door behind me I turn to them and call with a menacing tone and a cold voice.
-You are in so much trouble. The both of you. Neither your father, me or Karai has taught you to play those kind of jokes on people and if you do you know the joke has to be in family. What were you thinking?
They turn to each other and then at me.
Ka-But we didn't do anything really bad or hurtful.
N-The snakes, those are real but they are defenseless. Not venomous.
-Explain.
Ka-We painted them so they were the colors of the venomous ones but they aren't really deadly or anything.
N-You should've seen the teacher's face when she got the rat on her purse.
Ka-Priceless.
They smile and link their hands together and that makes my blood boil.
-That is enough. Both of you, to your room and you're not allowed to get out of the house to another place that is not the school, no games, no nothing and you're grounded for a month.
Ka-But that's not fair.
-Make it two months.
N-But....
-Three months, complain and I'll extend it to a whole year.
After that they keep silent and go to their room quietly. I get to the kitchen and I put on my headphones in the most loud music I can find and I start cooking dinner for when Hades and Karai get home. I get so deep into cooking that I almost shed my skin when Hades hugs me from behind.
-Bloody hell.
I take off the headphones and give him a kiss with a soft punch on the chest.
-You scared me, don't scare me like that.
Ha-Sorry, where's Karai?
-Shopping for a new outfit.
Ha-What about the twins?
-Ugh, don't remind me.
Ha-What did they do?
-Fake spiders fall from the closet, fake rat on teacher's purse and real snakes painted as poisonous thrown on the bathrooms and they're grounded for three months. Maybe I'll unground them in a few days but don't tell them that. Not for sure.
Ha-I'll go talk to them. Do you want them to apologize?
-Only if they're willing.
He nods and he goes away to their room and I can hear them calling out to him and then it goes silent. I start serving the food and I get them on their respective places and just as I get the last one Karai comes in and I turn to get another bowl of food.
-Go get your father and your siblings.
Ha-That won't be neccesary. We are already here. Kids, don't you have something to say?
N & Ka-We're really sorry for what we did. We promise we won't do it again, can you forgive us?
I kneel by them and I get them both in a tight hug and give them each a kiss.
-Of course, is almost impossible to stay mad at you when you're so cute.
They hug me even tighter and then I get them in front of me and I cup my hands on their cheeks giving them a big smile.
-Hope you're hungry. Dinner is served.
They nod and we all seat down to eat and share how our day went. Before long we are just talking and joking around.
K-So, I found the perfect outfit to use.
Ha-I dare say it looks, divine.
K-But of course, is me you're talking about. I look good on everything.
Ka-Ugh, that's gross. All lovey dove and lady style, Ugh.
K-You don't do ugh when is Nova or when mom and dad do it together.
Ka-Is different.
K-How?
Ka-Well, mom and dad are supposed to be like that but you're, you're you and you're my sister too.
K-Nova is your sister too.
Ka-She's special? We're twins and we share everything except the gender. I can't be grossed out by her.
Karai laughs a bit before she ruffles his hair a bit with him backing away from her as he reacomodates his hair back in place. His phone rings in my pocket and I look at it cautiously and ask him.
-Karma, who is LadyFirst10?
Ka-No one.
He takes the phone from me and sends a quick text to his friend. He smiles when the phone buzzes again with another text. He gets his phone back on his pocket and he let out a sigh. I smile at him and Hades looks at him knowingly.
Ha-So, you got yourself a girlfriend already?
Ka-I have not. Is only a friend from school. Nothing more. Right Nova?
N-Only a friend.
K-Aww how cute, they cover for each other and that is so adorable. Did she gave you a kiss?
Ka-Of course not.
-Aww, my little boy is blushing, he likes the lady.
Ka-I don't.
Ha-Does this person has a name?
He nods and he looks at his hands.
Ha-So, what's the name?
Ka-Rose.
-Is Rose cute, can you describe her for us so we can make a mental picture?
He nods and then he straightens up figuring a way on how to describe her.
Ka-I didn't really pay attention but she always uses the pants like folded at the bottom with design on the back pockets, her shirt is similar to dad's but she uses them folded to her forearm and the jacket is tied up around her waist. She has light blonde hair with dark golden streaks on the center and the side. She uses always a flower crown during the playtime and at lunch after she eats she is always reading a book. Her eyes, one is green and the other one is blue, sky blue and she has the brightest smile of the school. She's nice and gentle and......
He stops as if just realizing what he's done and he clears his throat and plays with his fingers on the table.
Ha-That's an awfully detailed description for someone that doesn't pays attention to her.
He only shrugs his shoulders in response turning red all the way to his neck and we laugh at that. After a few more jokes they go to bed together and just as they're about to disappear Hades holds Karma by the arm stopping him.
Ha-Be ready to wake up early tomorrow.
Ka-Why?
Ha-You'll see, now go sleep, you'll need your energy tomorrow.
He let's go and they go to sleep at last and we go to sleep too.
                         Hades POV
The next morning when I wake up I wake Karma up and he just turns to hug his sister.
-Karma, wake up. We have to talk.
Ka-Ugh, too early. Let me get up with the sun.
-Now.
I pull him out of the bed and he wakes up at last and he looks at me begging but I shake my head at him and he goes get dressed. I wait for him patiently and when he comes out I see him with his shoes undone and I stop him in place. I kneel down and tie his knots like always and then we go out and being the taller one I limit myself to walk slowly as he has to take hurried steps to be at my side.
Ka-Would you slow down a bit?
-I did, I'm walking slowly.
Ka-You're too tall.
I laugh and we keep our way towards the park and when we get there I sit on a bench and he sits at my side.
-Now that we're alone we can talk.
Ka-About Rose?
-Yes. Do you like her?
Ka-Yes but she doesn't notices me.
-She texted you last night.
Ka-Only for a school project that we're working on together for school. How can I get her to notice me?
-She will notice you when she's ready. Don't be impatient, besides, you're too young to be thinking of love and girls. Wait a bit more.
Ka-Dad, how can I tell if a girl likes me or not?
-That is a hard question. You never really know, sometimes they ignore you and other times she will cling all over you and try to get your attention.
Ka-Then I just have to wait?
-Yes, sorry kid.
Ka-It doesn't really matter. I'm fine just looking at her.

To be continued.........