138-Bloodthirst

Selene kneels at Karai's side under the column as she holds it up from crushing her. Selene takes out her knife pointing for a moment before we hear a deafening scream. Selene jumps back as the column goes a bit up. It goes up a bit for Karai to roll on her side and enough to save her arms and legs but not enough for the wing as the column falls crushing her right wing. Karai screams in pain and she takes the knife of Selene from her side and she cuts her broken wing off as well as the other one. We all fall silent before there is a sudden laughter from Selene.
Selene-You actually did it.
Karai stays silent as she rubs her wound a bit. She takes the knive and throws it towards Selene.
K-Be honored, you earned the honor to be killed by me.
Karai turns into a giant wolf and she howls loudly. Some wolves appear behind her and she growls and they attack Selene throwing her to the floor torturing her for a while before Karai stops them. One of the wolves turn into a silouethe and takes Selene by the back of the neck throwing her in front of Karai on her knees and hands. Selene is barely able to hold herself up and Karai growls. She looks at her wings for a moment before she turns and jumps biting Selene down. Karai doesn't just kills her but she also deformes her in a bloody kill. She rips her limbs off before she steps back her fur wet with blood. The wolves turn to take Selene away but Karai stops them. The wolves disappear and she turns back to herself. She falls to her knees coughing a bit and is obvious what is going to happen. I run up to her.
-Karai!
I take her on my arms. She seems shocked when she sees Selene dead and bloody. She passes out and I take her to the infirmary. They don't let me in for a long time. When they do as I enter she has her upper body completely bandaged except her arms.
K-Hey
-Karai.
K-Is not that bad.
-You look like a mummy.
She laughs a bit before she groans rubbing her side. I sit at her side and she gives me her best smile.
-I got scared when the column fell on you.
K-I only got the strength to lift it after she stabbed my side.
-And that cost you your wings.
K-They will grow back. Eventually.
I pass my finger along her face a bit sadly.
-You are amazing. Is there anything you want?
K-There is one thing but I don't know. Maybe is not proper to ask.
-That bad?
K-Is not bad but it can turn bad because is a not knowing situation and a bit.........
She turns silent taking a deep breath. I hug her again and she speaks.
K-Is new and, um, embarrassing.
I laugh giving her a kiss on top of her head and she stays silent. She get my other hand and fidgets playing around. I know what she wants but she doesn't need to know that.
-Karai.
K-Hmm?
-I love you.
K-I love you more.
I laugh and she falls asleep on my arms. I get her back on the bed gently and go sit back keeping an eye on her. She sleep peacefully through the night but after midnight she starts mumbling while sleeping.
K-No, no. Don't do it.
I shush her a bit and her next word stuns me for a moment.
K-Hydra.
I am utterly confused but I calm her down nonetheless. She calms down at last and I take her hand gently. She squeezes on reflex and as I look at her I fall asleep with my head on top of her.
The next morning I wake up by Karai waking me up.
K-Dad.
-Mmm? Morning.
K-Morning. Um, I need my hand for a moment.
I let go of her hand.
-Sorry.
I get up and I get to her other side. Is just then I realize we're not alone. The doctor is in there as well with some papers. She signs them and he gives her a couple instructions.
Doctor-Change the bandages twice a day, in the morning after you wake up and at night before you go to sleep. Use loose shirts or just strap shirts or none at all. However you feel most comfortable. When you bath take off the bandages, is not a good idea to get them wet. No heavy lifting or sudden movements or the wound on the side might open and bleed again.
K-Got it.
Doctor-You're on bed rest. Don't forget that.
K-I won't.
The doctor gets out and Karai sighs.
-Well, that was embarrassing.
She laughs a bit.
K-I hate bed rest.
-I know, that's why I'm sticking with you while you recover.
K-She tilts her head to the side smiling sweetly.
The next day she's allowed to go back home and I take her back but back home on earth. She is happy to be there and she immediately goes to the balcony. She rest against the edge looking at the distance towards the horizon. I get two green smoothies and walk towards her side.
-Here drink.
K-Thanks.
-You want to fly?
K-I will go back to the skies where I belong.
I laugh at that and I hug her gently. I go back inside and I organize a meeting for her to meet up with Hydra. She will be so surprised. I somehow manage to get it for that very same night.
                   Karai POV
I am on the ceiling now enjoying the wind on my hair. I receive a text from dad wishing me good luck and an adress that I have to go. I go there and I wait. I turn to my phone looking at pictures when I hear a voice behind me.
???-Are you Karai?
I don't lift my head but still answer him.
-Yes and you are?
Hy-Hydra.
I stop what I'm doing and look at him.