156

Karma POV
We are watching a movie together as a family when we hear a loud noise coming from the garage followed by a curse.
M-Ahhh, sea la porra, hijo de tu puta madre! Ahh. Dad!
I go towards him and I find him with his hands on his knees.
-Hey, what happened?
M-Damned car, I got some liquid in my eyes. It burns.
-Let me see.
I turn him to me and his eyes are very red and irritated.
-Come on, let's get that cleaned up.
I take him to the kitchen and he follows rubbing his eyes. I stop him.
-Don't do that.
M-It bothers me.
-Don't do it. Now sit and stay still.
I turn to get a water bottle and a towel to clean him up. When I turn he's rubbing his eyes again.
-Max!
M-Sorry.
I sigh and get behind him. I take his head back a bit.
-Try not to scream yes?
M-I can try.
I hold his head back and get a bit of water on his eyes. He smirks and his nails grow as well as his fangs. He's afraid of what might happen.
M-Don't ruin my hair.
-I won't.
I clean his forehead a bit and when I turn to rub his eyes he jumps to escape and screaming he tries to run away.
-Look out you're...
M-Ugh.
-And it happened.
I sigh a bit frustrated as he rubs his face while he lies down on the floor. I kneel down by his side and take his hand away.
-Oh, poor Max.
M-That bad?
-Not really. Come here. Dad, come help me out will you?
Dad comes and he holds his hands so he doesn't rub his face again. I clean his eyes again and I instruct him in what to do. He does it without complaint and I can tell he's frustrated.
-There you go. Is it better?
M-Probably.
Ha-What about his nose?
-I can handle that.
M-Why do I have the feeling that it will hurt?
-Because it will. Dad, hold him down.
He does and I fix his nose with a hard twist. He groans for a moment before eh actually turns complacent.
M-Hey, that actually feels better.
-Told you so.
Just then his phone starts ringing with his girlfriend's tune. He blushes clearing his throat. Before he answers it.
M-Hey, are you feeling better?..............
Yeah, sure but maybe another time........oh no, I would love to but I do have to get a new car. Red as you like it or any color you want. ................ I did try, let's just say it didn't went as I was hoping it would..............love you too, bye. See you soon.
He hangs up and he sneezes a couple times before he stands to get a drink. I pat his back gently and he slowly calms down.
-Is this why you got backstage at the concert in the middle of the song?
M-Maybe, maybe not. Fine, it was but I'm sure is nothing.
Ha-Max.
M-Please, is no big deal. I'll be fine after a good night's rest. Please, pretty please dad.
He turns to hug mW like he used to when he was little. He knows I can't say no when he makes sad wide eyes at me like that. Dad must realize it too by the way he smiles. I sigh reluctantly.
-If by morning you don't feel better we'll call the doctor.
M-I'll be fine, you'll see. I have nerves of steel.
-Then go get those nerves of steel to bed.
He nods and he makes his way to his room whistling one of his songs. I sit on my chair exhausted.
Ha-You fine?
-Exhausted.
Ha-Do you know who his girlfriend is?
-Only by pictures and paintings. I think he's afraid I won't approve of her once I meet her in person.
Ha-You two are very tight. Maybe he thinks that you'll think he's replacing you.
-I hope we can meet her soon.
With that we both yawn a bit sleepy and we smile getting each to our own rooms. I take my clothes off and get myself on bed.
                       Max POV
I am on my bed tossing and turning and I can't get myself to sleep. I frown and I get on with and without the blankets but nothing seems to work. I am waiting but I can't seem to get sleeping. After a bit I feel cold. I use my fire breath but it doesn't work so I take the blankets and wrap myself on them. I curl myself on a ball and I get a few sneezes but no more. I turn to get a bit of rest which is impossible as I feel too bad. Dad was right. I am going to need a doctor.

The next morning, dad as promised, calls the doctor to check on me.
Doctor-Have you been having nauseas, migraines?
I nod and he turns quiet thinking. He checks me a bit more before he asks.
Doctor-Have you been in contact with any sick people?
I think a bit before I realize that Sora was sick when we had our date and during the concert and the make out we had afterwards. I am pulled out of my thoughts by dad shaking me.
Ka-Max!
-Oh, yeah, sorry. It probably was when I was with, um, my, girlfriend.
Doctor-I see, was there any contact? Did you share same spoon, a glass or anything?
I clear my throat getting nervous.
-There was an, encounter between us, while she was sick.
He sighs and he gives a couple medicines for me. When he turns to go away I hold his robe.
-Can you, deliver her with some medicine as well? Here.
I write down her address and give him a hundred dollars. He sighs but he nods going away. I look at the medicine and I read the label out loud.
-Take a spoon quantity before every meal. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Shake well before open for the first use keep refrigerated afterwards. Take it for three days or until is over.
Ka-Come on. I believe it is time for the first dosis.
I groan but get up.
-Let me dress up and get ready. I'll catch you there.
He takes the medicine and goes away. I take a hot shower and I dress up my hair still soaking wet. I get a towel hanging on my shoulders around my neck and I go downstairs for lunch. As I sit down to eat dad stops me. I sigh as he puts the medicine on my hand. I stand and take a spoon.
Y-What is that for?
-So I get better.
I take the medicine and I get a shiver.
Y-You don't seem better.
Everyone chuckles but I assure her.
-It works slowly. Very slowly.
She seems confused so I explain a bit better.
Y-I don't get it.
-Well, to be better I have to take nine. I only got one, so it won't work just yet.
Y-Can we play?
-I don't think I can play right now.
She rolls her eyes and goes away and when she comes back she has a doctor costume on herself. I turn a bit away trying to hold my laughter down. She pulls my arm and I get a moment.
-One second.
I take a deep breath calming down and I turn to her. She takes my hand and pulls me away from everyone to the living room. I sit on the floor so she can reach me and she takes a toy to check my heartbeat. I follow her instructions and she smiles.
Y-You have a good heart.
I smirk proudly.
-Of course I have a good heart.
She gives me a pat.
Y-Open wide.
I open wide my mouth and she looks inside. She gasps and I turn to her confused.
Y-Your teeth are sharp. Like a shark?
-Those are my fangs.
I show her both sides and she looks a bit in awe.
-I also have these.
I show her my claws and she looks at them closely. Suddenly she bursts out and when she comes back she has beauty products.
-Yuki, please. Keep it saved.
Y-We can play I make you look cute.
I sigh in defeat and she squeaks happily. She gets everything organized and she starts painting my claws in a different style each. When she finished with my nails she turns to my hair. She brushes maybe a bit too hard but I don't make a ruckus out of it. In one she brushes to hard.
-Ah, easy with my ponytail.
Y-Sorry.
-Don't worry, just be gentle.
She nods and keeps working on it. When she finishes she turns in front of me and without a second thought she pulls me back with everyone else.
Y-Isn't he cute?
They turn to look at me and they do smile mischievously, even the serious ones.
K-That is adorable.
N-He is too cute.
Ka-I can cry of pride.
He mimicks a wiping tear and I groan.
-Et tu dad?
I fake a yawn and get on a knee.
-Yuki dear, can I go sleep?
She nods giving me a big hug on the leg and she pulls me to my room hurriedly. She hurries to enter before me and she gets the bed ready for me. I lie down and she storms off of the room. After a bit she appears again with her favorite toys.
Y-For you. She help so bad dreams go away.
-Thank you.
She gives me a pat on the head.
Y-I'll give you the next time the medicine.
She goes away closing the door gently and I get up and take the hair ties and everything off of me and save them on the bag. I get wrapped up and turn to sleep. I fall asleep pretty fast but then I wake up to a loud thud on top of me.
-Oh.
Y-Wake up! Is medicine time. Up, up, up, up.
-Yuki, I'm sleepy.
Y-Too bad, you have to take your medicine.
-Fine, I'm up, I'm going.
With that she storms out and I follow close behind. She gives me the medicine and I take it nicely just for her sake. She also tries to feed me but I deem it enough and eat by myself.

After a few days I'm feeling better and I storm out of the house. I take a deep breath when I hear grandpa behind me.
Ha-I see someone is feeling is much better.
-Better than ever. Ah, the first thing I'm going to do is..........
Ka-Eat.
-But dad.
He frowns and I go back inside to eat. I text a fast reply to Sora. She offers to come here instead and I turn red at the suggestion. Maybe tomorrow after our date. She sends a sad face with a happy one agreeing with me. I turn to dad.
-Is everyone going to be sure tomorrow?
Ka-Yes, why?
-I may bring my girlfriend over to meet you all. Can I?
Ka-About time.
-You know her.
Ka-In picture, not in person.
I shrug not knowing what to say. I eat my breakfast in a hurry and go get ready for my date. I get myself in a suit of the finest quality. I get some sneakers on to be more comfortable. Is a white suit with golden edges, is kind of the traditional colors at Olympus with an earthly touch. She loves when I do that so I do. I get another outfit in a bag and I fix my hair in a centered way. I go downstairs and I take a beer and a juice from the fridge. I drink the beer on instant and take the juice with me when I hear aunt Nova.
N-Max, why did you drink the beer here and not the juice instead?
-Because one is for the trip there. I can't have a beer or a can of beer on the car with me, I might get a penalty by law but with the juice, I'll get a pass.
Ha-You shouldn't even drink if you're going to drive.
Ka-You're drunk.
-Am not. Could I do this if I were?
I twirl on place in demonstration.
-I can do better but just for your sake and peace of mind, I promise, swear, I'll be careful.
Ka-What you got there?
He points at the bag with the extra set of clothes and I shrug.
-I'm sleeping there.
CJ-Max got a girlfriend......
They repeat it together for a bit and I flick a piece of my aura right between them. They laugh and go away and I do as well.

To be continued............