127

Nova POV
We are all at home for the family meeting Karma got going. But something still bothers me.
-Where is Karma?
Ha-His bedroom.
I nod and go towards the room and I knock on the door.
-Karma?
Ka-Is open.
I enter and I close the door behind me and turn to him.
-Can I know what this is about? Is it about what you told me a year ago?
Ka-Probably. I don't know. Is everyone here?
-Only Calix, he's on his way.
With that he takes his phone and dismiss me away. After a bit everyone is here and we wait for Karma to speak. He's on his phone.
N-What did you wanted to say that you got us all together?
K-We're all here.
-Patience, I thought being all the time with dad would teach you how to be patient. Did it not?
Karai blushes at that and we all laugh when someone knocks at the door.
Ka-I got it.
He goes and he opens and we can hear him turn from happy to happier.
Ka-Was it hard to get here?
S-With the diagram you gave me, it was almost too easy.
Ka-Come now, let me present you to my family.
He comes in and we all see her. Blonde, small white skin and with dark black eyes. She seems small but strong. Has a couple of strikes of hair tinted in another colors. She gives a smile and a small wave before Karma presents her.
Ka-Family, meet Stella.
He-Your girlfriend.
Ka-No, my fiancee.
He takes her hand and shows us the ring on her finger.
Ha-Together since?
Ka-A year now.
K-And we didn't realize it.
Ka-Don't worry about it. I didn't told anyone.
With that we all celebrate and around dinner Karma cooks with her for all of us.
           Stella POV
I am cooking with Karma for his family and he let's me be the lead. I dismiss him after a bit since I focus better alone. Have to work on that. When I finish I serve and I let my hair fall down over my shoulders. They eat and I can tell by their expression that they like it.
Ka-Good as always.
He-Are you a cook? Or chef?
-No, I just enjoy cooking.
Ha-Cook much?
-Pretty much my second best thing.
N-Second? What's the first?
I doubt in telling them but Karma allows me to say it.
Ka-Say it, go ahead.
-Extreme sports.
Ha-How did you met? Was it on a competition?
Ka-As a matter of fact, yes, yes it was.
-Free diving. I almost drown but he saved me. If I thought he was cute before the accident, now he's even better.
They laugh as Karma blushes hard at my comment.
K-What do you do now?
-I do free diving with him. We train together.
He-Aren't you afraid it happens again?
Ka-She's not afraid of anything. One moment, I have something for you.
With that he goes away to his room and we hear cabinets opening and closing before he screams victorious. He comes with a hand on his back and he signals me to turn around my back to him. I do and after a couple seconds I see a heart shaped necklace coming down to my neck.
Ka-Since I can't very well pull my heart out of my chest for you. This is the next best thing.
-That's so sweet and kind of poetic. I like it.
They laugh and he pulls me close to him hugging me from behind. As tall as he is he rests his head on top of mine.
Ka-I love you.
-Love you too.
After that we party all night until I have to go. He walks me to the door where my ride awaits and he's shocked and surprised.
Ka-You came in a bike.
-Your two loves together. Me on a bike. I can't wait to be your wife.
Ka-And I can't wait to be your husband. Drive safe.
With that we part with a sweet kiss and with that I go back home.
                    Karma POV
I watch as Stella rides away back home and I go back to the condo when she's out of sight. As I enter they look at me knowingly and I smile.
-What?
They laugh and I laugh as well for a bit and we talk the rest of the night until they all have to go to their respective houses. I go to my room and I go to sleep exhausted for the day I just had.
Nineteen months later
I am going to the new house after my honeymoon with Stella and I can't be happier.
S-I am so happy. That honeymoon, you are a great man. I didn't know you were so energetic.
-I am a god, I have to be energetic.
I get interrupted by a call from Nova asking me to go to her house. I do and when we get there before I know it I'm crushed in a big hug.
N-You came.
-You sounded kind of upset over the phone.
N-How could I not. Ares recovered his status and the first thing he does is ask to fight me. Can you believe that? He's such a jerk and also I don't think I can fight him right now.
-You're strong enough to beat him with a single punch. When is the official announcement to let everyone know about it?
N-Tomorrow morning I have to give my answer to the Pantheon.
-If you feel up to it I suggest you get it over with and get out of it. If you feel death threatened forfeit from battle.
S-Wait, you really are going to fight him? He's the god of war and he enjoys battle, he's a bloodthirsty bastard.
N-Well, is my only way out, I also enjoy a battle from time to time. I can't really use all my power during training.
-I told you we enjoy a good fight. We are gods and a fight is a way we can keep our powers kind of controlled.
N-If we stay too long without using it well we might really lose control and go on a rampage.
S-So you fight from time to time just to keep control over your auras?
N-Yes.
S-Isn't training enough?
-We do have to let loose a bit sometimes. Besides, Nova is amongst the stronger goddesses of Olympus. Just one more question before I go.
N-Do ask.
-Does Chimera knows?
N-He knows. He'll support me in wathever I choose. Now go and enjoy your wife.
With that she push us back to the car and gets us out.
N-Go, go enjoy yourselves together.
-Ok, we're going.
With that I take my leave with a kiss and a hug on her cheek before I go away.
S-She's nice.
-You have no idea.
We laugh together and we go home at last.
               Hades POV
I pace the length of the room angrily thinking about what might Nova choose. She enjoys a fight but Ares enjoys bloody battles. I am pulled out of my thoughts when I feel Hera hugging me from behind.
He-Relax.
-I don't think Nova should accept the fight with Ares. She's powerful and all but Ares is just......
He-A bloodthirsty little psycho?
-Close enough. Well, it is her decision. I just hope she denies.
He-Come on, let's sleep and we'll know tomorrow.
I give her a kiss and go to bed with her.
                      Karai POV
The next morning I'm at the Pantheon with the other gods and I'm waiting behind dad's throne for the next thing we have to decide for the day. The fight for Ares and Nova, today we hear what is Nova's decision.
Z-Now then, what is your answer? Are you fighting Ares or not?
N-I will fight him.
At that everyone is visibly surprised.
Z-That was, rather easy. Are you sure? It will be a fight until one of you gives up or falls unconscious.
N-My mind is made up and my choice has been made. No turning back.
Z-Well then.........
Zeus calls one of his agents forth and he whispers something on his ear. He goes away and when he comes back Ares is with him. I watch as he makes appear a spear and he runs to attack Nova from behind. Before anyone can react there's a clash of metal against the floor and when we see what's happening we see that Ares has his hands up and the spear he had is on Nova's hands with the sharp end pressed on top of his heart and a leg at his side in a half attack. Ares is smiling while Nova is frowning. Everyone has called their aura forth ready for battle, even Zeus.
Ares-Good reaction. I expected no less from a child of two of the most powerful gods of Olympus.
N-Try that stunt again and I won't stop half attack.
She backs down and gives him his spear back.
N-I'm fine you can retreat your auras.
Z-Ares, she accepted the challenge to fight you. Both of you, how much time do you need to prepare your weapons?
Ares-Ready anytime.
N-Same, ready as well.
Z-Then tomorrow when the sun reaches its highest point.
Both of them nod agreeing to the time of the fight and Zeus dismiss us all to prepare for tomorrow.
                     Chimera POV
I see as Nova relaxes happily on the couch with a wide smile on her face.
-I assume you got the fight.
N-I did.
CJ-Aunt Nova, is it true you're fighting Ares?
C-CJ, manners, say hi first. Both of them.
CJ-S'up? So, is it true?
C-What is that s'up? Properly.
CJ-Good evening aunt Nova, good evening uncle Chimera.
-Evening.
N-Evening, and yes is true. I'm fighting Ares and I will be the winner. You can go see me fight. Maybe you'll learn something.
AJ-Oh we will go see you fight. You can count on us.
CJ-We wouldn't miss it for the world.
She hugs them tightly before she goes takes her battle clothes ready for the fight and I go to sleep.
The next day with the sun as it highest point we are all ready for the fight. I see as Nova smiles clenching her fists at her sides while Ares too smiles with a thirst of blood on his eyes. The fight starts and they clash, Nova retreats and she has a cut on her cheek.
Ares-I thought you were better than this.
N-I have yet to show you.
Nova throws two kicks one after the other forcing him back and I have to fight the urge of calling out to her as I press my hands on the edge hard.At a moment Ares draws a spear and as he attacks her with it she uses her aura to burn the sharp edge before she takes it from him and she hits his back with it before she burns in completely to ashes. He turns and as he throws a punch at her she holds his hand by the wrist and she smiles knowingly. She hits his face with his own fist and speaks.
N-Why are you hitting yourself? Stop doing that? Stop hitting yourself. Don't do that, why you do that?
She pushes him back with a powerful kick and she crackles her knuckles hard as she speaks.
N-Having fun yet Ares? Or is it too much for you to handle?
Ares-You........
He runs for her and she evades easily his punches. Her movements are smooth and elegant while Ares's are savage and wild.

To be continued........