Real Man

2.21

Alice sat on the couch confused by the home video Hal displayed. Her daughter sat nearby terrified. She sensed she knew something she didn't. Hal demanded that Alice take a tape recorder out to document their conversation. Alice did as he asked and set it on the table. Hal then took the liberty to give a speech on his actions thus revealing the identity of the Black Hood.

Alice stood her ground and was not going to succumb to his need of manhood. She knows the man could never get her to fear him. He lacked the testosterone he cockily tried to express. "Well Hal I can't say I'm surprised."

"Mom," Betty warns her. She didn't want her to face her father.

"I always knew you were a mama's boy," Alice continued to say what she had started. She wasn't going to let Hal think she was intimidated.

"What did you say?" Hal was offended by her remarks.

"You heard me," Alice confidently said. "I knew it. I knew you couldn't do anything for yourself.

"Mom whatever you're doing I wouldn't."

"All I'm doing is I'm pointing out that your father can't do anything right. Not even be a serial killer," Alice cuts her daughter off. "Cleansing the town of sin? Really Hal? You're the damn sinner."

"Mom," Betty says again. Alice spoke to her through her eyes. Betty got the hint and quietly got up.

"What are you going to do Hal? Are you going to kill the entire town? Whosever jaywalked? What did Fred Andrews do to deserve to get shot?"

"He was an adulterer," Hal was frustrated by her rant to him.

"Oh then why don't you kill yourself? You had a fling with Penelope Blossom," Alice stared right into his eyes. He caught his full attention. She was going to make it worth her while. "Or me for that matter. I stepped out on you with FP, who in every way that you're not, is a real man."

Alice saw the irritation on his face. She couldn't help but smirk. He reached over for her with his bare hands. They latch onto her neck and he begins to strangle her. Alice gasps for air as she tries to remove his hands. Betty did not hesitate to hit her father. He fell over and Alice took the weapon from her. She gave him another strike before tossing it away. She rubbed her neck afterwards.

"I'll call Sheriff Keller," Betty could not keep her eyes off her father on the floor. It was hard to take it all in. The serial killer who has been messing with her mind was her father all along.

Alice took a seat on the couch. She felt her legs go numb. It was a living nightmare. She shields her eyes from the man she unfortunately had called her husband. Betty took a seat next to her mother. She comforts her with a hug. She feels terrible that her mother has gone through so much. She wishes she could help. They tried to ignore the body of the Black Hood laying in front of them as much as they could. When Sheriff Keller came to arrest Hal the two females felt like it was a cleansing. A rightful cleansing that did not need a visit from the angel of death.

Alice and Betty watched as Sheriff Keller escorted Hal to his cruiser. They felt the many eyes of their neighbors on them including those of their next door neighbors the Andrews. Fred and Archie were walking down the sidewalk when they saw Hal being pushed into the back of the cruiser. They approached the women to talk to them. Betty talked to Archie. Alice did not want to talk at the moment so she went back inside her house. Fred stood with the two kids watching the sheriff handle things outside.

A motorcycle roar was heard coming down the street. FP parked behind the cruiser. He took his helmet off and looked closely at the car in front of him. He saw the back of Hal's head. He was very tempted to open that door and hurt him but he knows that that's not what Alice needs right now. FP climbed off his motorcycle and ran into Alice's house. The others stood where they were confused by his appearance.