Office War

FP snuck into Alice's office. He knew she was out filming a report for the news so he took it as an opportunity. He went straight to her desk and left the vase of flowers where he knew she would find them. He noticed her new business cards on her desk as he set it down. He grabbed one from the stack because it had her picture on it. He smiled and carefully put it in his wallet. He wanted it to be safely kept.

Alice went to her office after having all her shots taken. "Thank you, Mark." She told the cameraman as she pushed her office door open. "You can just send the footage to the editors and it will be up tonight." She noticed the beautiful flowers on her desk. It brought a smile to her face. She looked for a card but didn't find one to read. She however already had her suspicions on who sent them to her.

She knew the man would be off of his shift down at the station in the evening. She decided she wanted to leave a little gift of her own too. She made a trip to the nearest store with a photo kiosk. She had a picture developed and searched the aisles for a cute frame to put it in. The cashier scanned her items and thought it was cute.

Alice walked into the station. She looked around, staying alert for any sight of FP. She heard his voice and hid. "You're so in love, Jones." Another man teased FP.

"I know," FP didn't mind the banter. He loved his Alice. "I hope she likes the flowers. I had to wait an extra twenty minutes for them. The lady was trying to sell me peonies but I kept telling her I couldn't get those." FP opened the door from him. "I want a good reaction not an allergic reaction." He stepped out after him.

Alice smiled widely. She loved how he spoke so lightly about her. She waited until she saw him drive away before making her way to his office. She got to his desk and plopped the picture frame gently on his desk. It was a picture of the two together but the focus was on her. She wanted to ensure she had his full attention.

The next morning FP walked into his office with his coffee mug. He stayed up last night to watch Alice's segment on tv. He was very proud of her.

He took a seat at his desk and noticed something different about it. He let out a chuckle when he saw the picture left behind. Alice was definitely here. He picked it up and brought it closer to him. He loved how she chose a picture of herself as the center of attention. That was his Alice after all.

FP spent his lunch hour at the same store Alice went to the day before. The same cashier was working that day. She recognized FP from the picture. A smile grew on her face when she saw him approaching the photo kiosk. She watched him print out a picture. He looked confused when he couldn't find the picture frames so the cashier decided to help out. "Aisle three!" She yelled. FP nodded and went there. He came to the cash register soon after. He thanked her for the help. "Funny, she came in yesterday."

"I know," FP chuckled. "I found her little gift this morning. She thinks she can out cute me. No, that's where she's wrong." He grabbed the bag from her and waved goodbye. "Thanks."

FP entered the building cautiously. He knew he was on a time crunch and he didn't know if Alice was there or not. He walked past the receptionist and made his way to Alice's office. He peeked in and sighed of relief when he didn't see her. He rushed in and planted the picture frame on her desk. It was a picture of them but this time he was the center of attention.

He panicked when he heard her coming. He hid behind the door. The door flew open and she came in with her lunch. Her back was to him so he quietly snuck out. Alice sat down and put her food down. She took a bite of her sandwich then noticed the frame sitting in front of her. She smiled and picked it up. "This dork." She giggled. She wanted to leave him another gift but couldn't decide what.

Right after work Alice went to the store. She took the time to stroll around in search for another surprise to get him. She spent a good five minutes in each aisle. FP walked in twenty minutes into her search. He spotted her entering an aisle and he chuckled. He quietly went to go join her. He snuck up behind her, snaking his arms around her. "Trying to top me, aren't you?" He startled her. She looked up and pecked a kiss on his cheek. "Damn, you caught me."

FP laughed. "I love you," He proudly told her. "And your attempts to one up me."

"Of course you love me, I'm a catch." She said with so much sass. "And I so one upped you, you idiot. I'm romantic."

"Not as much as me," He cheekily smiled. "I love you more."

"Impossible," She huffed. "I love you way more."

"Sure," FP smirked. "Keep believing that, Al."

The intercom went on as they bickered about who loved the other more. FP and Alice both looked up at the speaker. "Lovebirds in aisle four. Can you just kiss and shut up?"

They looked at each other and laughed. They did share the kiss that silenced them.

"Thank you," The voice on the intercom said. "By the way, you two should stop by the photo kiosk for free coupons. That's all."

"It's at cashier, isn't it?" FP questioned.

"I wouldn't doubt it."