Confrontation

•••

•••

The members of the midnight club were all gathered up in the speakeasy for a meeting. FP was already there working before the other members of the club came down. Alice was keeping him company prior to the meeting. They were having a private talk before they were no longer alone.

Betty had done some digging on the events that happened circa 1992 in regards to the dangerous game, Gryphons and Gargoyles, so it was much easier for her when the parents were all in the same room. She came down to the speakeasy and walked in on an argument the parents were all having. It grew silent when they saw her and some of the other kids. Alice's eyes grew when she saw her daughter. She knew the situation was heading for a rocky road. FP sat a few feet away from her. He looked very stressed. Jughead still being involved with the game was not sitting with him well.

The teenagers arrived to interrogate their parents. They weren't able to pry the answers out of all of them before so Betty hoped having them all in the same room would lead someone to crack. "All of the secrets end now."

"You broke the pact," Marty glared at Alice. FP eyed him making sure he wouldn't go too far.

"Since you're all here. I just need answers. My classmates are dying just like your principal, Felix Featherhead, did when you were in high school." Betty got closer to the parents. Reggie, Kevin, and Josie trailed behind. Veronica stayed with Archie since it was her turn to keep an eye on him and Jughead was deep into the game with the Serpents. "We deserve answers. Figuring out what is going on is what will then keep us safe. Isn't that what you want?"

Betty continued her little rant as FP's attention went over to Reggie. Reggie had a pair of sunglasses on but FP noticed the bruise around his eye that the glasses failed to fully cover. FP stood up and walked towards him. Reggie felt slightly intimidated by the Serpent jacket he was wearing. FP yanked the sunglasses off and examined his eye. "Who did this to you?"

Reggie's eyes casually drifted to his father a few feet away. He couldn't say his name but FP was under the suspicion it was Marty. FP's eyes shot right at Marty. "Did you do this to your boy?" FP was personally triggered by this.

"No, he must have been acting like a knucklehead with his friends." Marty denied the accusation. FP looked back at Reggie demanding a truthful answer. "Did he do this to you? Don't lie to me."

"Yes," Reggie confessed immediately. "He got angry when I asked him about G&G."

"You hit him," FP pointed a stern finger at him. He was clearly agitated by the news. A few of the parents understood why he was responding this way. The teenagers were starting to believe the story Betty told them was true.