Old Habits

Alice kept her legs intertwined with FP's. She smiled up at him. He couldn't help but reciprocate the same smile. He traced the tattoo on her upper thigh with his fingers. He ran his fingers down to her knee where he playfully slayed his fingers. His touch made Alice happy. So soft and so tender. They held hands above their heads because he wanted to keep an arm around her. Their bodies glistened after an eventful time together. They rested on FP's bed and try to enjoy each other's company for even longer.

FP moved her hair to the side and kissed her forehead. She dug her face into the crook of his neck. She placed a hand on his bare chest. She lets it travel up to the stubble on his chin. "I could lay here all day." FP pressed his forehead against hers. The tip of their noses touched and it just felt perfect.

"I second that," Alice pulled the covers over their heads. He pulled her close and they shared a rough, yet very passionate, kiss. "I could stay here forever." She always felt comfortable by his side. This being the second time after two decades made it erotic. It was a love that could never fade. He rolled over and got on top of her. "I want you to stay-" He pecked her lips. "-right here." He rested his head on her chest. She clung to his neck.

"Will we ever be happy?" She asked. They were happy with each other but would their lives be happy? They have had a couple of rough years.

"Do you think we will?" He dug his arms under her to hold her.

"Yes," Alice admits.

"There's your answer," He chuckled softly. "I think so too."

"Good," She ran her fingers through his hair. "Because I'd do anything for this."

"Trust me, I would too."

"Dad!" Jughead yelled going up the steps into the trailer.

"Shit," FP muttered. He tried to be very quiet with Alice. "You have to hide."

"Where? I can't." Alice could hear his son's footsteps going through the kitchen. FP tossed the sheets over her and frantically searched for his boxers. He ran up to the closed door and tripped while putting them on. "Are you okay?" Alice whispered quietly. FP gets up and nods. He rubs his elbow and opened the door just enough to poke his head out.

Jughead was looking through the drawers. He passed a pen over to Betty who was sitting at the kitchen table. "Ah, you are home." Jughead spotted him. "We were wondering if-" Jughead lost his train of thought when he looked at how sweaty he was. "Did you work out?"

"Yes," FP said too slowly. It sounded unconvincing but enough to convince him. "I was just about to jump into the shower." He tried his best to make it sound believable. "Did you need me?"

"Yeah. We need your help on writing a paper."

"About what?" FP asked before looking back into the room quickly to check on Alice. She was quietly dressing herself.

"The history of Riverdale. We wanted to ask you about the Serpents," Jughead smiled. "You know like the history behind them and the town. I still have input from Toni's grandfather but intel from the king wouldn't hurt."

"Maybe we could just ask my mom." Betty tells Jughead. "He looks a little busy. I'll just call me mom and ask her if we can ask her a few questions."

FP's eyes widened. He had to think quick. She was already dialing her mother's number. "No don't do that." He said with urgency.