Bed

Jughead woke up in the middle of the night to Hot Dog jumping on top of him. "Ah, boy, go to sleep." He whined. The dog circled around him and laid down in the spot next to him. Jughead sat up and decided he needed a glass of water. Hot Dog stayed where he was but Jughead left the room. Jughead saw the light in his dad's room on. He figured he must of fallen asleep with it on so he walked over to his room to shut it off. He opened the door and saw his dad was indeed asleep but he wasn't alone. Alice was in his bed, cuddled up next to him. His arms were wrapped around her and they slept so soundly.

Jughead went to go shut the light off. On his way he noticed one of the drawers open and it definitely wasn't his father's clothes shoved inside. He turned the light off and immediately made his way out of the room. He needed a second to wrap his head around what he just saw. Has he been sleeping with Alice?

Jughead went back to his room and shut the door. He got back into bed and tried to pretend like he didn't see what he just saw. He woke up a couple hours later and walked back to FP's room. The door opened and FP came out as he approached. "Good morning, boy."

"Good morning, dad." Jughead said. "Uh, what's for breakfast?"

"We can go to Pop's today," FP walked past him towards Jellybean's room. "How does that sound?"

"Great," Jughead turned to see that Alice wasn't in his room. She must have snuck out.

"Time to get up, Jellybelly," FP knocked on her door. "We've got pancakes to eat."

Jellybean opened her door. She looked tired. "Throw in some coffee and off we go."

"Maybe a no on the coffee." Hot Dog came out of Jughead's room and ran through FP's legs. "Did he sleep in your room last night?"

"Yeah," Jughead said. "He just leaped onto my bed in the middle of the night."

"So no coffee?" Jellybean questioned.

"Probably not," FP shook his head.

"Can Betty join us for breakfast?"

"Of course," FP smiled. "You can invite her and her mom while you're at it."

"Okay," Jughead took note of how enthusiastic he sounded. "I'll go call her." He went into his room to make the call.

•••

Jellybean slid into the booth first. Jughead took a seat next to her while FP sat across from them. "So, dad, now that mom's gone do you ever think about jumping into the dating pool again?"

FP didn't know how to answer that. "Would you both be fine if I did?"

"Why wouldn't we be?" Jughead asked. "If someone makes you happy you would want to tell us, right?"

"Get yourself a girlfriend already, daddy." Jellybean spoke up. "You're all lonely."

"I'm not lonely," FP denied. He cleared his throat. "I mean I have you both, don't I?"

"Yeah," Jughead nodded. "I guess."

The door opened and Betty walked in with her mother. Jughead saw the smile grow on FP's face. He turned to see what he was looking at. He knew it was for Alice. "Betty," Jughead greeted her. "Come take a seat. Hello, Ms. S."

"Hi, Jughead." Alice warmly smiled. "Good morning, FP, JB."

"You remembered," Jellybean giggled. "Dad still doesn't get that I go by JB now." She looked up at him. "See, even she knows."

"What's that, Jellybelly?" FP ignored that.

"JB," Jellybean corrected him.

"So what did we miss?" Alice squeezed into the booth next to FP so Betty could join Jughead. Jughead decided to have a little fun. "About my dad starting to date."