Home Video

"Mom, why am I on a tv show?" Charles tugged on her shirt as she was cleaning up his room. He had toys scattered around and Hot Dog was on his bed sleeping.

"A tv show? Honey what do you mean?" Alice was confused by his question.

"Daddy is watching tv and I'm on it." Charles pulled on her arm, leading her to the living room where FP was standing with his hands resting on his hips. He was playing with the remote to fast forward a few clips. "Now you're on tv mommy." He pointed at the screen. FP turned around when he heard them. He gestured for them to come close and take a seat.

"What are you doing sweetheart?" Alice sat on the love seat and sat their son on her lap. She positioned him so he could see the tv.

"I found the camcorder and a set of home videos. I thought we could finally get around to watching them." FP pressed play on a video clip of all of them at the beach. Charles was building a sandcastle. Beside him was FP's head popping out of the sand. The two had buried him in sand while he was asleep.

"Look bud it's us at the beach," FP took a seat next to Alice. Alice let Charles' legs rest on his lap as he was clung onto his mother. "Do you remember that day?"

"Yeah. We bought ice cream on our way home." Charles eagerly said. He remembered the taste of that ice cream better than what he had for breakfast.

"I was stuck in the sand," FP chuckled. He paid attention to what he had said in the video. He watched himself lift his head up. His hat was barely doing its job of blocking the sun from his face.

"Why am in the sand?" FP asked.

"For falling asleep silly," Charles giggled. "You been asleep for millions and billions of years. New peoples moved into my new kingdom."

Alice had zoomed in on his face. She listened to FP's laughter in the background. He shifted the camcorder's attention onto FP. It was Charles' idea to cover him in sand. He built his sandcastles all around his body as a border. FP tried to carefully let himself out of the sand without knocking over the castles but he struggled and gave up. That's when Charles jumped on top of him with his bucket. He flips it over and pats the bucket, leaving a newly made castle on his father's stomach.

"Baby help me out of here."

"You're on your own there," Alice laughed from behind the screen.

"Am I at least the king of this place?" FP asked Charles.

"I'm the king!" Charles stood up and puffed his chest up high.

"That's fine. At least I'm still the king of the bedroom," FP smirked at Alice.

"FP!" Alice scolded him.

"What does that mean mommy?" Charles turned his attention away from the tv and looked up at her. She blushed and FP was laughing.

"Ask your father," Alice glared at him. She didn't know what to tell the boy.

"What does it mean?" Charles asked him instead. FP forced himself to stop laughing and thought about it for a second. He had to think of something to tell a child.

"We like to role play. Sometimes we build a fort and pretend to be king and queen of our own little kingdom. I get to be the king." FP explained. He could see that the boy was thinking. He shrugged and ran off to his room. When he was gone Alice smacked FP's chest. "What was that for?" FP laughed, knowing too well what for.

"You need to watch what you say around our son."

"It's not like I said foreplay."

"Hush he could hear you." Alice reprimanded him. FP turned the tv off and asked for a kiss but Alice was too annoyed to give him one. She walked away and he sat there laughing. He followed her to their room and shut the door behind them.

Charles came out of his room and went to go get a snack from the pantry. He heard a knock at the door. He knew better than opening the door to strangers so he checked through the window first. His face lit up when he saw Fred and Hermione. He opened the door and hugged their legs. "Uncle Freddie! Aunt Hermione!"

"Hey buddy. Where are your parents?" Fred asked. One of them usually opened the door.

Charles looked at the bedroom door and saw that it was closed. Maybe they were building a fort? "In the fort role playing," Charles repeats what he learned. "My daddy says he's the king of the bedroom."

Fred and Hermione gave him a strange look. They didn't know what he was talking about. Alice opened the bedroom door and heard what he said. She was embarrassed to see that their friends were standing there listening to the words FP fed their child. "FP!" Alice's heated cheeks snapped back at him. "Our friends are here. Care to explain what you told our son?"

Fred and Hermione bursted out laughing. Alice stood in the hall crossing her arms and FP sheepishly brushed past her. Charles walked up to him and he picked him up. "Can I play in the fort?"

"Uh how about you go play with your toys," FP was now embarrassed with his choice of words earlier. He put Charles down and he went back to his room.

"What exactly happened?" Hermione asked looking at them peer out of the hallway.

"FP was being an idiot again," Alice says.

"I second that," Fred said still laughing.

"This mouth doesn't have a filter," FP put his hands up in defense. He kissed his wife's cheek.

"Well it needs one," Alice huffed.

"You wish," FP whispered into her ear.

"So how about we all go out to eat like we planned," Hermione cleared her throat. She knows FP must have told Alice something inappropriate.

"I think we will need time away from this," FP nods in agreement. "Charles put on your shoes we're going out to eat!"

"Coming!" Charles grabbed his shoes and ran to them. "Where we going?"

"Pop's," Fred says picking him up.

"Yay!"

"Honey your shoes are on the wrong feet," Alice looked down at the boy's feet.

"His shoes are the least of your problems right now," Fred joked as he carried Charles out.