Election

2.17

"FP, you should be ashamed of yourself letting my sweet, innocent daughter live in sin in that soup can you call a trailer," Alice told FP as they walked down the hall.

FP pulled her aside and carefully pressed her against the wall where he kept an arm up beside her. "You think I'm a fan of this arrangement? You're talking to the guy who's sleeping on a pull out sofa with his son so your daughter can have his bedroom."

Alice loved how much of a gentleman he was. He always gave up alot for her when they were younger. "You're doing that?"

"Look Alice take it from a guy whose son chose being homeless over living with his old man. Make things right with her before it's too late."

Alice saw the hurt behind his eyes. He was right and she knew it. She hated that he was right. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"Everything. You've done so much to help me."

"You know I'm always here for you." FP says with an assuring smile. He softened up. Lost the tension. He used his other hand to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. "I can't let that pretty face of yours suffer."

Alice blushed. Fred walked passed the hall but backed up a few steps to look again when a serpent jacket caught his eye. He saw his high school best friends. He watched the way they were, what he assumed was, flirting with each other. FP had both his hands pressed against the wall. His head was tilted. He was slowly leaning in to kiss her.

Fred saw the smile on their faces. He didn't know if they seeing each other again or not. He was sure though that it was none of his business. Their children were just up on stage running for student body president and vice president against his son and his girlfriend. He didn't think they had to know about this especially knowing how awkward the conversation would go for them.

FP turned to see Fred standing at the end of the hall. "Shit," He mumbles. He dropped his hands and stepped away from Alice. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough," Fred smirked.

"Wipe that smile off your face," Alice pointed at him.

"Sorry to interrupt your adultery Alice," Fred mocked her. He finally got to take advantage and use her words against her. "So you two?"

"Well..." FP was unsure of what to say. It was definitely complicated.

"What about you and Hermione?" Alice turned the tables back onto him. Fred's mouth dropped. He knows she knows about that but was surprised she brought it up.

"You know about that?" FP was surprised she knew about it too. He only knew because he told Hermione that Hiram knew.

"I caught them at the Twilight," Alice smirks.

"Just like back in the day," FP nods approvingly.

"I'll leave you two here. I've got to go find Mary and go talk to those Lodges," Fred excused himself. "Be more careful though. I could have been one of your kids."

FP turned to look at Alice again. Fred had left them alone once again. "How about you come over later?"

"I don't know," Alice said unsure. FP pursed his lips knowing it was most likely a rejection. He popped a piece of gum into his mouth. "You know where to find me." He doubted she would see him later but it allowed him to not get his hopes up.

•••

Alice sat in her car. She had just thanked the serpents for helping her deal with her problem at home. Alice grabbed her purse and took her lipstick out. She looked into the mirror as she applied it on her lips. She pressed her lips together to set it. She looked out at FP's trailer. She took a deep breath and stepped out the car. She walked up the steps to his trailer.

She looked down and unbuttoned a few buttons of her blouse wanting to catch FP's attention. She brought her hand up and knocked on his door. He did not take long to answer the door. He stared at her in disbelief but was happy to see her. He smiled at her and she stood there proudly. He opened the door more to let her in. She walked in and went to the left knowing where his room was. FP grabbed the gum from his mouth and threw it out. He shut the door and went straight to Alice who was waiting for him.

"I didn't think you were going to come," FP admits.

"It's something I needed to do. Wanted to do."

"God you're beautiful."

"I know," Alice tugged on his shirt. She pushes him to sit on the bed. She ripped his shirt off and took a seat right on his lap. FP put his hands on her hips. She grabbed his face and slicked his hair back before kissing him. He started to unbutton the rest of her blouse. He laid back as she was on top of him. He pressed kisses on her. He traveled from her lips down to her cleavage. She let out a small moan. FP unzipped his pants and slowly pulled them off. It gave Alice time to do the same.

Seconds later they achieved to be fully naked. They haven't seen every inch of each other in decades. There was no change they saw in each other. FP scoots her farther up the bed and they switch positions. She grabbed a hold of his hair. He liked when she pulled it. He smiled against her lips. "I want you."

"I want you too," Alice wrapped her arms around his neck to pull him down.

After a long and fun time they laid on the bed next to each other panting. He kept his hold of her as she kept her head on his chest. She traced the lines toning his abs. He kissed the crown of her head. "I'm really glad we're getting along again. I've missed you."

"I've missed you too FP. I can actually trust you and be comfortable around you. You're not Hal and I love that."

FP rubbed his thumb up and down Alice's arm. "Leave him if he doesn't make you happy."

"We've talked about a divorce."

"So you're getting a divorce?"

"It's in the process as we speak," Alice says. "Betty and I are better off without that bastard."

"That's good to hear," FP smiles. He wasn't smiling because she was leaving him. He was smiling because she finally put her foot down and was putting her happiness first. It was what she deserved.