Interrupted

•••

•••

FP and Alice were having trouble getting any good alone time while sneaking around. Their kids always managed to interrupt them without trying. They thought they would be able to work in a quickie while they were alone at her house. FP carried Alice to bed. Her arms were latched around his neck and his were on her legs. Their lips were attached and things were starting to escalate. FP sets Alice down and begins to unbutton his shirt.

"Mom!" Betty walked into the house. They both sighed. Alice pushed him into the closet as he was buttoning up his shirt. He stumbled back into her coats. Alice closed the closet door just in time. "Mom, great you're here. I need your help with my writing assignment. This could take all day."

"All day?"

"Yes so we should get started now," Betty yanked on her arm to lead her down to the living room. Alice looked back at the closet door. FP was going to be stuck in there for a while.

The couple did not have any luck at the trailer either. Jughead had gone out with Archie for the day so FP called Alice so she could come over. Upon arrival Jughead was back early. He saw Alice walking towards the trailer. "Mrs. C? Hey, what are you doing in the southside?"

Alice mentally cursed to herself. She turned around to look at him. "Oh hi, Jughead. I was just coming around to see if Betty was with you." Alice thought of a lie on the spot.

"No, she's with Veronica today."

"Oh, well thank you. I should get going then." Alice put on a smile. She walked back to her car and drove back home. Jughead walked in through the door. FP was expecting Alice not his son. "Baby-" He saw Jughead and had to think quick. "Love shack, baby." Jughead arched an eyebrow. "Song got stuck in my head earlier," He chuckled nervously. He hoped he was convincing.

Trying to sneak in a simple kiss was just as hard. Alice was sitting at the counter drinking a her milkshake while she watched FP work. "Sneaking around is tiring."

"It's like the kids plan to interrupt us."

"Well there's one way to fix this," She curled her finger and gestured for him to come closer. FP smirked and started to lean over the counter but he spotted the kids coming in. He grabbed the rag out of his back pocket and pretended to clean the counter. "Well sorry I spilled your drink, Alice." FP pretended to be arguing with her. "Sometimes there are things called accidents." Alice looked at him confused but he spoke through his eyes. She caught on.

"It's not that hard to nicely put my glass down on the table." Alice crossed her arms.

"Mom, can we not yell at Mr. Jones? I'm sure it was an accident," Betty overheard them arguing.

"See," FP placed the rag on his shoulder. "Thank you, Betty."

"Let's also be more careful, dad." Jughead grabbed a fry from the tray the waiter walking by carried.

"I agree," Alice huffed.

The very next kiss they tried to get in without the kids interrupting them was a hassle. FP was already at the Wyrm with Alice when Jughead came in with Betty. FP saw the kids again when he tried to kiss Alice again. "Meet me upstairs when they're distracted."

"Mom?" Betty walked up to the bar to find her drinking.

"Oh hi honey," She chugged down her drink and placed it on the table.

"What are you doing here?"

"Getting a drink," She rose another glass in the air.

"I've had to babysit her this whole time," FP said. "I'd appreciate it if one of you took over. I've got a couple things to go do and I don't want a wild Alice on the loose around here."

"Oh don't have a cow," Alice rolled her eyes. "I was just about to leave."

"Good," FP drank his drink and walked on up to his office.

"Don't stay too late," Alice told her daughter. "No underage drinking and definitely no funny business."

"I know mom," Betty had her arms around Jughead. Alice watched the kids disappear into the crowd and took her chance to go meet FP upstairs. She knocked on the door and FP let her in. He locked the door.

"Finally," FP grabbed her face and kissed her. "I was starting to think we would never be able to kiss again."

"Damn those meddling kids," Alice joked. She pulled his jacket off and tugged on his shirt. He took if off and tossed it aside. "But at least now we get to do this." She unbuttoned her shirt and exposed her lacey bra underneath.

"Worth the wait," FP curled an arm around her waist. "I'm just going to have to-" A knock at the door cut him off. "Dad," He tried turning on the knob.

"Every single time," FP groaned. He let go of her and she tossed him his shirt. Alice buttoned her shirt. She had nowhere to hide besides behind the door. FP cracked open the door slightly and poked his head out.

"Do you want to join us? Betty's mom left. She won't be screaming at you tonight."

"Oh I believe you," FP said. Alice pinched him for saying that.

"So are you coming back down?"

"Maybe later. I've got something really important to do in here."

"Okay," Jughead nodded. He walked back down to go find Betty. FP shut the door again and locked it. "Now where were we?"

"I believe you were about to do something important."

"I definitely was," He kissed her.