Custody 2

The week went by in a blink of an eye. Alice already found herself packing Charles' bag so she could drop him off at FP's. She was looking forward to seeing him in that short window of time but would be sad to leave.

"Her name is Jellybean," Charles said. "Because she's this small-" Charles gestured with his hands. "-and well because I don't how to say her big name."

"What about Jughead?" Betty asked. "I don't think he look like the jug in the fridge?"

"I don't know. My dad is weird," Charles shrugged. "My other mom says he's a coin-seed-head man." Charles tried to repeat what he had heard. "But I don't know why he looks like this," Charles took a quarter out of his front pocket.

"Mom, why does Charles' dad look like a quarter?" Betty asked her mother when she appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Like a what?" Alice questioned.

"A quarter," Polly repeated.

"Ma says dad is a coin-seed-head man."

"Oh conceited," Alice chuckled. "Why would she say that?"

"Because Jughead and Jellybean have his long name." Charles explained as a matter of fact.

"Well your dad was a special one, alright." Alice sighed. She grabbed the car keys and prepared everyone to leave. Hal was at work today so she had to take the girls with her to drop off Charles. "Come on kids. We have to hit the road."

"Can we play with Jug and the baby when we get there?" Betty asked as she climbed into the backseat with the other two.

"I don't know, sweetie. We would have to ask." Alice wasn't sure.

•••

"Jug what are you doing?" FP watched him carry the pillows out of his bedroom and to his. FP followed him to his room.

"I'm building a ring for when Charles gets here."

"Well don't say I didn't warn you when your mom finds out you put her pillows on the floor." FP chuckled. "Right, baby?" FP pecked a kiss on Jellybean's cheek. Jellybean giggled and grabbed a hold of his ear. His phone rang in his back pocket. "I've got it!" Jughead grabbed it and answered.

"It must be Alice. Can you give it back?" FP asked but he ran out the room when he heard Charles on the other line.

"I'm ready for a rematch!" Jughead excitedly yelled into the phone. "I got better!"

"Can you ask dad if Polly and Betty can come play with Jellybean and us?" Charles asked for his sisters and Alice. She was too shy to ask.

"Girls over your own brother," Jughead gasped. "They're getting to you! You have to come back home and wrestle with me!"

"What's with the yelling?" FP took the phone from Jughead's hand.

"Charles' other sisters want to come play with us," Jughead gagged. "You have to save him from that girl world."

"You're just as dramatic as your mother." FP sent him off to go play. "Hello? Charles is that you on the phone?"

"Yeah," He said. "So can they come play?"

"If that's okay with your mom."

"She said it's okay if you said it's okay."

FP had pressed a smile against the phone but they couldn't see that. "Well then it's a play date." FP confirmed. "I'll see you all when you get here."

"Okay, bye dad!"

"Bye son." He put the phone on the table and looked at Jellybean. "Well this is going to be fun."