Halloween

•••

•••

"I've got it," FP grabs Alice's plate after she finishes her breakfast. "You don't want to be late for work."

"Thanks baby," She pecks a kiss on his cheek. He walks over to the sink with their used plates and she heads upstairs to go get ready for work. Betty and Jughead finish up their breakfast before going to change out of their sleepwear.

"Bye FP! Bye kids!" Alice opens the front door. "Don't be late for school."

"We're about to head out. It's just that somebody can't find their backpack," Betty looks over at Jughead.

"I swear I left it on the couch last night." Jughead puts his hands up in the air.

"I've really got to get going but good luck finding it." Alice kisses Betty's cheek on her way out and FP rushes over for his kiss. She laughs and kisses him too. He waits for Alice to leave and shuts the door. "I've got to talk to you two."

"Now is really not a good time, dad. I can't find my things and we're going to be late." Jughead keeps searching the living room with Betty's help.

"I'll write you both a note. This is important," FP points to the couch. Betty and Jughead look at each other. They shrug and take a seat.

"Are we in trouble?" Jughead asks what they were both wondering.

"Should you be?" FP questions.

"No," The kids answer immediately. FP laughs and takes a seat. "I just needed to ask you both something. It's about Alice and I."

"Shouldn't my mom be here then?" Betty asks.

"No," FP shakes his head. "She can't know just yet. I wanted to talk to you both first." FP reaches into his pocket to pull out a small box. "I wanted to know if you two would be okay with me asking her to marry me." FP pops open the box to show them the ring.

"Oh my God," Betty's jaw drops. The ring was beautiful. "Of course. Why wouldn't we be?"

"Yeah, dad." Jughead agrees. "You've waited years for this moment. Marry that woman."

"Are you sure?" FP wants to consider how they felt first. It's going to be a big change in their make shift family.

"Do you love her?" Betty already knows the answer to that question.

"With all my heart." FP is and has always been in love with Alice.

"Marry her," The kids say in unison.