Night

•••

•••

Alice walked into the Whyte Wyrm unexpectedly. She scanned the room for FP. She couldn't see him. Hog Eye walked by and she took the liberty to casually ask him if he had seen FP. "Hey Hog Eye. Have you seen FP around?"

Hog Eye smiled and gestured with his fingers for her to turn around. "Well it'd be hard to see me if your back is to me," FP added in. He arrived just a few seconds after her. She turned around to see a smile on his face.

"There you are."

"I am. If I may ask, why are you?" FP politely asked. He wouldn't expect her to be in the bar, let alone the southside for no reason.

"If I'm gonna be honest I just wanted to see you." Alice said like it was nothing. She wanted to sound as casual as she could.

"Well then how about we go somewhere more quiet and talk."

"I'd like that," She smiled. She followed him outside. He stopped in front of her and turned to look at her. "A walk?"

"I think that would be perfect."

Alice walked by his side as they went deeper into the woods. FP led the way. Alice knew where they were going. She could smell it. The cold refreshing smell of Sweetwater hit her. FP walked up the bridge to the center of the river. He leaned against the railing. Alice was still by his side. The two looked down at the water streaming beneath them. "I still come here when I want time to myself. I stand right here and just listen to ol' mother nature calling." FP turned his head to look at her.

"It's always been pretty here." Alice smiled at the scene. She presses her head against his shoulder and continues to look down at the flowing river water. FP tilted his head towards her so he could lay it on top of hers. "Where did it all go wrong?" Alice sighed.

"I still don't know."

"Do you ever think about what could have been?" Alice asked.

"I would be lying if I said no."

"What do you think about?"

"I don't know," FP said. "I just think, in all honesty, if we would have been happy. We were happy then until...well you know. I just wonder if splitting ways was a good thing for us or not. I'm leaning towards no but things happen for a reason."

"And what would that reason be?" Alice questioned.

"That reason is more like a lesson." FP explained. "I learned that if you are granted a miracle you should never let it slip through your fingers. If you lose it you may never get it back. You may try to search and hope for something similar but you will never find that same source of happiness."