Grandma

•••

•••

Alice's mother came back to town to visit her daughter and granddaughter. She hasn't seen them in years. Alice was expecting her to arrive Saturday morning but unknown to Alice she was arriving a day early. When Alice's mother arrived to Riverdale she stopped at the grocery store to get a few things to take to the house. She wanted to make dinner for them tonight. She walked in and pushed the cart through a few aisles until she saw someone familiar. "Forsythe is that you?" Alice's mother spotted the man looking at a few boxes of chocolates. FP turned to see the woman after hearing his name called. He was surprised to see her. He last saw her when he and Alice were teenagers.

"Mrs. Smith?"

"It's nice seeing you, dear. It's been decades, hasn't it? How's it been?"

"It has," FP nods. "Good good. What about you? What brings you to town?"

"Came to visit Alice and my granddaughter."

"That's nice. A small reunion."

"Well I better get going. I'm a day early and Alice doesn't know that," She brought a finger up to her lips and gestured for silence. FP smiled and zipped his lips.

•••

Alice's mother knocked on the front door. Alice wasn't home. It was just Betty and Jughead. They were working on homework in the living room until they heard a knock on the door. Betty got up and opened the door. She smiled when she saw her grandma. "Grandma, you're early." Betty hugged her and let her in.

"I can help you with those," Jughead grabbed the grocery bags and took them to the kitchen.

"Who might that lovely young man be?" She asked Betty. She liked his chivalry.

"That's my boyfriend, Jug can you come introduce yourself?"

Jughead joined them in the living room. "Hello, I'm technically Forsythe but everyone calls me Jughead." He shook her hand.

"Forsythe huh?" Betty's grandmother hasn't put two and two together yet. "I'd say I'm looking at a spitting image of Alice with one of her boyfriends when she was younger. His name was Forsythe too. I actually ran into him earlier. Still a sight for sore eyes."

"He's actually my father," Jughead chuckles.

"Well then you Jones men have a common taste for Smiths."

"What's not to love?"

"Can you tell us about my mom and his dad when they were younger?" Betty asked.